Singnet Broadband: 1500kbps vs 512kbps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singnet Broadband: 1500kbps vs 512kbps

Hi! Is there a distinct difference between Singnet's 1500kbps and 512kbps broadband access, where speed is concerned? Of course, I'm aware that there must be some disparity, but I'm wondering if the 1500kbps would be a significantly faster, to warrant the considerably higher monthly subscription (approximately 23% more expensive). TIA!

Depends on what is the purpose of your usage...

If you gonna use it for online gaming, i'd think go for 1500..

if not, just for surfing and downloading..512 is suffice..im using 512..and its good enough for me

just my

Comment

agree with cup... also if your com is slow higher speeds wont make much of a difference too...

Comment

yup it depends largely on ur usage requirements...

O/T: When i was subscribing to Singnet BB i experienced alot of connection problems. Like logging in, being disconnected a couple of times in a night and sometimes not even being able to log on to the internet... That was about 1.5years ago. I'm not too sure if they have improved their connections..

Comment

I just switched mine from 512 to 1500, it's significantly faster, but like what cUp said, if you're just using it to browse sites, then 512 is enough. Unless you're the impatient sort (like me) who gets irritated by laggy pages, 512 is definitely suffice!

Comment

Originally posted by Lil_Piggie
            yup it depends largely on ur usage requirements...

O/T: When i was subscribing to Singnet BB i experienced alot of connection problems. Like logging in, being disconnected a couple of times in a night and sometimes not even being able to log on to the internet... That was about 1.5years ago. I'm not too sure if they have improved their connections..
            It is still this way!! i'm contemplating to make any complaints!

Comment

Thank You!

cUp, Lola, Lil_Piggie, after1998: Thank you very much for your input! I?ll be sure to bear your words in mind!

cUp & Lil_Piggie: What you said about the connection hitches gave me some cause for alarm. I?ve emailed these concerns to Singnet. Hopefully, the relevant staff will come back with a positive reply. If not, I may have to stick to Starhub after all ?

Comment

Working...
              X