Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NKF vs SPH lawsuit

Did You'll read the papers today??!!
    The NKF CEO earns $25k+ a mth!! Bought a gold tap worth $1000 for his office!!!!
    My god! I know they have to be paid, but $25K??
    People really show their concern n donate for the cancer patients not to pay the CEO... Arg...

Feel so sad... Dun think i'll donate again...

Public faith in NKF will be shaken very badly now.

Comment

ya ***... imagine the CEO getting 12 months bonus!! it's not wrong for him to get his monthly salary.. but getting such fat bouns is way too much.. If the company is a profit driven company, then i got nothing to say.. but NKF is a charity organisation right??
      grrrhhh... those money is our public hard earn money..

Comment

That's right. NKF is publicly funded.

Comment

if you ever wanna help, only donate to KDF. It's the organisation hat will really help the ill and poor patients.

Comment

Was abit shock to see the news. Especially since NKF has been stepping up their fund raising drive. Used to have only Kidney patients, then later for Children and later Cancer. Of course i agree all of these is for a good cause but then, they should be discreet with the money.

I remember long time ago someone was spreading the rumor of the CEO flying by first class and was being sued. Now it has become a reality. I wonder how NKF going to withstand the backlash from public. If NKF call me again, i shall ask them to ask get from their CEO instead. Anyway i only earn a mere miserable 10% of his monthly salary.

Shall donate to Red Cross instead.

Comment

Originally posted by muimui
              Did You'll read the papers today??!!
              The NKF CEO earns $25k+ a mth!! Bought a gold tap worth $1000 for his office!!!!
              My god! I know they have to be paid, but $25K??
              People really show their concern n donate for the cancer patients not to pay the CEO... Arg...

Feel so sad... Dun think i'll donate again...
              I think he earns more than $25K/month! More like $45+K/month, as his earnings last year were $550K?
              Last edited by creepcake; 12-07-2005, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Not trying to badmouth any organisations but this is what i come across which is hard for me to accept.....Please do not start discussions on such issues because you might end up legally charged (if you're in "luck" )

My bf is NSmen and once they had this free health screening by N**. After the health screening, the people tries to request you to make a commited donation every month like eg. $6 per month. Though it's not alot of money, but heard they are real pushy.

Due to my bf also don't really trust N**, he tries hard to reject the girl (most personnels are girls). And so he cooked up a story, saying he can't remember his account number bla bla, and they kept helping him to think of alternative bank accounts that he might have and even asked if he had credit cards, etc

So no choice, she told my bf to sms her when he books out to check his bank a/c no.

Of cos my bf didnt reply her.....then she msged him and my bf showed me the msg..the msg goes like "Hi handsome, so fast forget me already a.h? so sad =( I still need your a/c no. you know? " :Doh:

And when my bf went back to camp, all his friends told him, practically they all receives such msgs.....

Really dont know what to comment.....You judge it yourself...

Just for query : Do they get commission for that? :roll:

Comment

Actually, i think they do get commission out from that. Or else they wont be so pushy. Seriously, i do not trust NKF. i think its pretty blood sucking. they have been so pushy towards me. and i decide to put them in the cold turkey. refusing all calls from them

Comment

A fund that will last for 40 years...what else do they need?

Comment

O/T: i agree with tien. KDF is really the one who is more deserving of the funds... The staffs from there are really thrifty as my SO met them for lunch to discuss about some fund raising events his club can contribute to.

Anyway i am not very when i saw the amount he earned as i was more than sure he earns alot. BUT $600,000 in a year is WOAH!
                      Anyway i have not donated to NKF for a couple of years already... Eversince i heard/found out about the amount of reserves they have....

And 8 Mercedes Benz is no joking matter!

He can feed millions with the amount he has.... :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by cUp
                        Of cos my bf didnt reply her.....then she msged him and my bf showed me the msg..the msg goes like "Hi handsome, so fast forget me already a.h? so sad =( I still need your a/c no. you know? " :Doh:

Just for query : Do they get commission for that? :roll:
                        OMG the sms is so :puke: .....

I am very sure they will get commission else why would they be so persistent??

I mean think about it. If u were a volunteer, would u bug someone to donate to the organisation though u know that they really need the money?

Comment

That's bad. Think I'll donate to KDF. But the patients at NKF still need our support. Dilemma.

He's the CEO, how about the CFO, CIO, etc? Same benefits?

Coming from my boss who used to work there for awhile.... that the marketing personnel would get counselling session if they couldn't meet their quota, so I guess that's why the gal was so aggressive towards cUp's friend.

I just told my brother to block 1900 calls for his resident's phone before my yound nephews make such calls without knowing the cause . It's free service for blocking previously, need to confirm again. We could still donate using our hp, right?

Comment

Lil_Piggie:

Yeah, I thought a more discreet sms would like "They really need your help..bla bla bla..hope you can contribute..bla bla" Slowly explaining the needs of the funds...

But :Doh: sms like b*tches..i wonder if anyone taught them that ? or they are over friendly? :roll:

Comment

Not sure about the news on the court case yet, havent got the time to read newspaper. But saw abit from the news this morning..NKF overstated the number of patients they are treating..

And true enough, my accountant told me their funds has got to be used up within 3 years..and yet, they've enough to last for so many years after minusing expenses from the treatments..if i'm not wrong?

I told my bf, even if you want to donate, you can donate directly (if possible) or to some other organisations might need your help too, like cancer foundation, orphanages, etc Like some of you mentioned the KDF, that's another alternative too

And you know for those patients to apply for the help, it's not an easy task...

There's some criteria to be met.....And have to apply for many rounds..interviews..etc etc...house check.....etc
                              Last edited by cUp; 13-07-2005, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X