No announcement yet.

Singapore Mobile Phone operators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reviving this again, no idea where to post this as well.
    ive heard singtel, starhub giving out cash/hp vouchers to their loyal customers, do M1 do that too? ive been with M1 for eons, and am intending to get a new phone. wonder if i can request for it...? cheapo me!

Comment

i thought only customers with a high-end plan have it.. M1 has always sent my SO vouchers for bdays or when he needs to renew his contract...

Comment

I think m1 do send out. have recieved a couple of promos from them including $100 off for a new phone. been with m1 for about 8 yrs or so.

Comment

My dad is using a high-end talk plan with M1 and they do send him vouchers every year.

Comment

my mum & bf are both using the higher-end plans with M1. no vouchers but the bf did request once & they sent it to him.

i'm using a student plan & no vouchers either.... and we've all been with M1 since they first started.

Comment

For M1 users : -

Once your contract ends at the 24th month, dont go to any of the m1 shops to sign up to get a new phone. wait for 2mths later. they will defintely send u a $100 cash voucher. wait for abt 3 mths, they will send a $150 cash voucher.

I was abroad all the while when i realised it.

Comment

i've been contract-free for a very long time but i've not received any vouchers

whitequeenie, what plan are you on?

Comment

What happens if I want to retain my no. and change service provider? I think there's a telephone portability? However, the last time I heard of it was where its not '100%' done. ie, if I am with Co A with my no. and changed to Co B. Co B will provide a new hp no. to somehow connect with my current no. So if I called others, they will see Co B's hp no and not my original no. Has this issue been fixed? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by duckiee View Post
                    i've been contract-free for a very long time but i've not received any vouchers

whitequeenie, what plan are you on?
                    im still a student, student plan!

Comment

amies, the issue has not been fixed. i can call my sister's old number but whenever she calls or sms-es me, i see her new number. that's why i'm reluctant to change numbers...

whitequeenie, i think i will call them up to check once i'm thinking of getting a new phone. i'm on the student plan too, so no reason for me not to get the voucher!

Comment

whitequeenie, i dont think M1 has such a thing. I was on 1+1 for a very long time, contract free for at least 2years, yet i didnt receive any vouchers what-so-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by whitequeeniie View Post
                          For M1 users : -

Once your contract ends at the 24th month, dont go to any of the m1 shops to sign up to get a new phone. wait for 2mths later. they will defintely send u a $100 cash voucher. wait for abt 3 mths, they will send a $150 cash voucher.

I was abroad all the while when i realised it.
                          I called M1 to ask whether I will be getting any vouchers and they said no promotions at this time. Very lousy, my other friends who are on Starhub and Singtel all got phone rebate vouchers when their contract ended.

Comment

i have been with m1 for 4years and i didn't recieved any vouchers @ all

Comment

hmmm.. Let me share my experience....

In the Telco Industry, they classify their customers according to the customer average monthly spending over a spread of 3 - 12 months. I'm not too sure about SingTel or M1, but for StarHub, as long as your average monthly bill is around $150 / above, you are certainly one of their Top-End customers.

For their top-end customers, its pretty normal that they will send you Vouchers every 2 years when your contract expire. I've always recieved vouchers of $200 to buy a new mobile phone every 2 years...

However, when it comes to StarHub, the situation is much easier. All you need to do, is perhaps call StarHub once you're over the 1 year period, and tell them that you would want to buy a new phone BUT you don't want to pay for the $100 additional surcharge, and you hope the Customer Relations department can get back to you.

They usually won't fail you, even if your monthly bill is low. My wife's bill is only $40+ and she not only got the $100 surcharge waived, but she also a $50 Voucher. As for myself, I got a $200 Voucher on top of the surcharge waiver.

End up, I made money from changing my phone after trading in my 7610.

PS: It worked for SingTel too. I did it for my dad and they gave him a $150 Voucher. His monthly average bill is around $70. The key is don't be shy to ask and demand. Come 2008, when there is true number portability (no more forwarding, new & old number and all), just move your if you get nothing.

Comment

My brother who was a new user with Starhub got the $100 rebate voucher for a new phone immediately after his contract ended last year. His monthly bill was around $30-$40+ a month.

Judging from all the posts above, it seems that M1 will only offer phone rebate vouchers to high end customers? I requested for it, and the operator said that there is no such rebate, and she can only offer me a caller id rebate for 6 months. My monthly bill is less than $40 per month. I think I am going to switch operator. No point staying loyal to them when there is no privilege?

Comment

Working...
                                X