No announcement yet.

Do you girls ever felt mentally raped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you girls ever felt mentally raped?

Do you girls ever feel that you get the "dirty stare" at your flesh and chest and other body parts in public places esp public transport?

For myself Ive been rather naive all my life, I never really noticed or realised such behaviour of men until my bf constantly incites me , sometimes he stares off at the men. Which can be quite uncultured.

Ever since I cant help but feel quite paranoid and uncomfortable and very self consious when I notice men looking at me or at my direction. (esp when im alone). It gets worse when its an old man or someone as old as our fathers.

I dont wear procovatively , and ive avoided wearing short skirts or cleavage cut tops. Or just wear a baggy jacket. But it so unfair.

Its an awful feeling, esp since we are almost helpless about it.
    I know the best way to encounter the situation is to walk away from the persons view.

Please share your thoughts and experience. :eh:
    Last edited by diamante; 01-09-2005, 04:16 AM.

i have had a lot of such experiences. it doesn't help that my dressing is not the most conservative, but it's not exactly provocative too though. it's just the typical kind of outfits.

there was once i was on a bus, and the bunch of us were in casual gear, like tanks and shorts. this irritating man kept eyeing each and every one of us. i watched him as he eyed every one of my friends, his eyes were like going up and down. when he came to me, he looked and was very surprised that i was meeting his eye. i gave him a hard glare and pointed him the middle finger. it's very crude i know, but that's what he totally deserved. he got slightly shocked and turned away.

and another time, i was followed home by this bangla worker, he followed me all the way to my gate and said some annoyingly perverted stuff. i was so pissed off, i told him to 'f*** off' and pointed the middle finger right in his face (again )

i guess the only way to deal with these people is to stay cool and show that you're not intimidated by them. they probably want to feel like they can be manly and have the ability to intimidate the 'weaker sex'. i have a friend who totally rocks, she met a flasher once. she didn't even cringe, all she said was 'huh? so small ah?'

Comment

it's quite disturbing.especially awhile back,when we had a discussion about this *stupid stupid* website called sggirls. it's sooooo insulting! singapore's suppose to be this super cultured place and yet you see these kind of things at the website, secret shots, girls' friendster photos all stolen and put there. argh! :shout:

Comment

Hey diamante, understand totally how you feel. Felt like that in the past, but I thought, "Why should I give these perverts the power to dictate what I wear??" So... more power to you if you look good!

The most uncomfortable experience I've had though, was with a classmate! He used to sit behind me all the time... and I could feel his eyes fixated on me. Another male classmate of mine commented that his eyes were "raping" me. :puke: True enough, I did feel like he was undressing me with his eyes! Ewww....

Comment

Originally posted by ange
          it's quite disturbing.especially awhile back,when we had a discussion about this *stupid stupid* website called sggirls. it's sooooo insulting! singapore's suppose to be this super cultured place and yet you see these kind of things at the website, secret shots, girls' friendster photos all stolen and put there. argh! :shout:
          Yes somebody should report and put sggirls away OR at least their "candid" takes which encourages voyeurism. Pictures of girls falling asleep in the bus, up school skirts (obiously taken with a handphone camera).
          Im sure there is some rights to this somewhere.

Comment

Working...
          X