Misled by Singnet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Misled by Singnet!

last mth i happily applied for the unlimited outdoor wireless surf @ singnet. reason? cos while starhub is offering the same plan @ $19.90, singnet is offering at $10.40.. or so i thot..

before signing up, i checked singnet's webby.. went to the hello shop, the leaflet also state $10.40.. while applying for the plan, i also asked the customer svc officer "i only pay $10.40 per mth? no hidden costs.. no need to pay additional for email or whatever right?" to double confirm. she said yes.

last night i received singnet's bill. WTF?? they charged me $19.90 instead of $10.40!! that's almost double the price they told me!! *PISSED*

today i called the customer service hotline. it was then that the staff at the call centre told me, ONLY EXISTING SINGTEL SUBSCRIBERS are entitled to the special price of $10.40.

hell, they didnt even have that info in tiny small print! feeling darn cheated!!

i dont mind paying $19.90, but I MIND being told that the mthly subscription was $10.40, then billed me $19.90 instead. (isnt it as good as cheating??!) n when i called, what i got was? awkward silence.

anyway the staff cant do anything abt it either. hence i'm going to write a very angry complain letter tonite! i demand an apology at least!! *FUMING* it's not the money.. it's the way they do business! 老娘不爽!

somemore i cant terminate until another 2 mths!

anyone else got cheated too?
    Last edited by simplepris; 09-09-2005, 09:58 PM.

if there is no small print, you can lodge a formal complaint to CASE.
    meanwhile, do write in stating your case.

Comment

here's some info about the plan that i got from the singnet webby.. where in the world did they mention only existing singnet users are entitled to the special price of $10.40.. and that non existing singnet users have to pay $19.90 instead? in fact, $19.90 wasnt even mentioned at all ***!

i'd say it's very, very misleading!

Attached Files

Comment

note:
        http://home.singtel.com/consumer/pro...f_overview.asp

Below did state this:

For SingNet customers:
        If you are a frequent user of Outdoor Wireless Surf, SingNet lets you enjoy more savings with the Unlimited Outdoor Wireless Surf Plan at only $10.40 a month!

Comment

aiya, y only 1 photo is attached.. there's the other 2 photos..

opps.. exceed quota.. will upload another time..

Comment

Originally posted by natnatviv
            note:
            http://home.singtel.com/consumer/pro...f_overview.asp

Below did state this:

For SingNet customers:
            If you are a frequent user of Outdoor Wireless Surf, SingNet lets you enjoy more savings with the Unlimited Outdoor Wireless Surf Plan at only $10.40 a month!
            ya, i saw that. but after i signed up for the plan, i'm also a singnet customer right?

the sentence is too vague. it could also mean that if u sign up with singnet, u can get it at $10.40 but if you sign out with other internet providers (like starhub, pacificnet), you have to pay more for the same internet service.

for this case, singnet left out an important word "existing".

if they had written "existing customers", it would have been a lot clearer and not misleading.

besides, all along they only state 1 price - $10.40. there's no mention of $19.90 at all!

Comment

The "For singnet customers" is enough for me to understand that the rate is only applicable to existing singnet customers. Anyhow, our brains work differently.

I think your reason is quite valid too. Try lodging a report to CASE and see if they can do anything about it. But apparently, the sales staff did not CLARIFY whether you are an existing singnet customer or not before he/she further confirm the rates to you. And this seems like a mandatory requirement (from their point of view) and I think they should clarify that. Furthermore, you've asked very clearly. Its their fault then!

This happens quite often I guess, and apparently some of their staffs are not very well-trained.

Last edited by cUp; 09-09-2005, 10:36 PM.

Comment

well, i am not in singapore hence i cant put down any judgement but based on what you said, there should be a fine print and it is also on your part, you should do your due diligence.

You did claimed this

"before signing up, i checked singnet's webby.. went to the hello shop, the leaflet also state $10.40.. while applying for the plan, i also asked the customer svc officer "i only pay $10.40 per mth? no hidden costs.. no need to pay additional for email or whatever right?" to double confirm. she said yes."

so in a way, if you are an existing customer, it is understood you dont have to pay for it.

good luck in your complaints

Comment

opps, I'd not reported to CASE before but I *think* you need to provide some fees, or be some case members in order to lodge complaints? Sorry..not sure if i dreamt about that or it could be i read somewhere..if i'm wrong please correct me.

I think you may want to state your displeasures clearly to Singnet, and see if they could let you terminate your a/c immediately. Do remember quote the date,time,where you spoke to the customer service officer whom did not clarify things properly with you.

Yeah good luck too!

Comment

sigh, didnt think that much.. since there was only 1 price mentioned.. then why would i know i should ask about the $19.90? in fact i didnt even know non-singnet users have to pay how much.

it's amazing that singnet is such established company yet they neglected to state the price for non-singnet users.. which i think is so ridiculous.. feel like singnet is deliberately trying to mislead people!!

i think i'll talk to singnet first.. just my luck.. will try to fight for myself..

thanks everyone..!!

update you all again..

sighs.. wish me luck..

Comment

i'm not sure if they have the same policy of starhub.. but starhub has a "trial" period which after sign up if can still call to terminate with the x period of time... did u tell them that you were misinformed and do not want to continue (if you want to terminate)?

Comment

I have been a Singnet customer for donkey years and I'm very accustomed to them referring us as "Singnet Customers". Usually, if they are refering to a newly sign up customer, they will state something like "New Customers" or "New Signups". They seldom use the word "existing customers" etc. It depends on how individuals perceive the whole phrase to be.
                        Am really sorry to hear what happen to you. Why don't you lodge a complain to the CS department first on why the CS on the line didn't specify clearly?

Comment

Originally posted by cUp
                          opps, I'd not reported to CASE before but I *think* you need to provide some fees, or be some case members in order to lodge complaints? Sorry..not sure if i dreamt about that or it could be i read somewhere..if i'm wrong please correct me.
                          Yup, gotta be a member of CASE before you can file a complaint.
                          Check out this link for their rates & how-tos on filing a complaint.

Comment

aiyo.. just went to look at singnet's website thoroughly.. there's another page for non-singnet users who want to sign up for the plan.. the contents are exactly the same as the pages i saw, only that the price is $20.90.

but then, since the contents are the same, why didnt they use ONE page, list out the TWO DIFFERENT prices on the same page?? If people see there's TWO prices, they'll surely ask more questions. RIght?

But well, I still submitted my complain letter at Singnet's website anyway.. See what they are going to say.. Hope they can give me a good answer.

Shared my experience with my friends.. turned out 1 of them had similar encounter! He wanted to sign up for the SAME plan.. he is an EXISTING Singnet customers.. so by right he only need to pay $10.40 right? But the Singnet staff said $10.40 is ONLY for NEW SINGNET customers, not for EXISTING customer.

huh? *CONFUSED* What is Singnet up to??

Thanks everyone for their help and support. *TOUCHED* I guess that's the only good thing that happen because of this conflict with Singnet.. love u all! =)

Comment

Originally posted by tiemmie
                              i'm not sure if they have the same policy of starhub.. but starhub has a "trial" period which after sign up if can still call to terminate with the x period of time... did u tell them that you were misinformed and do not want to continue (if you want to terminate)?
                              i called the call centre. the lady couldnt make any decision. if i terminate before 3 months are up, i've to pay compensation..

actually i thought it's unfair that i must sign on for 3 months before i'm allowed to cancel my account. afterall, i didnt have any free gifts.. or buy anything at a cheaper price..

but i still agree because 3 months isnt long. but i didnt expect such incident will pop up.. sigh.. but if SIngnet is going to do nothing about it, then i'll still pay for these 3 months.. no choice.. sigh..

Comment

Working...
                              X