Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drink, drank, drunk - drinking and forgetting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• drink, drank, drunk - drinking and forgetting?

i was thinking about something when i was back from clubbing last night...

how many girls/ guys/ people out there actually truly don't remember what happen after they got drunk? in the morning, they will wake up not knowing what went on until the point that they got drunk and start making hell of a comotion....

1.) do u remember what happen when u get drunk?
    2.) how do u usually react when you get drunk? (e.g; sleep, talk more, get hyper)
    3.) why do people get drunk and then forget what ever they have done?

i shall start:

when i'm drunk, i will still know what i'm doing... although i will act in ways that are not as controlled as i'm suppose to be, i will still remember what i have done the next morning.....

how abt the rest?

I usually pretend I don't remember anything. Embarressing, you see..

Comment

1.) do u remember what happen when u get drunk? Sometimes I do sometimes I don't
      2.) how do u usually react when you get drunk? (e.g; sleep, talk more, get hyper) I will sleep
      3.) why do people get drunk and then forget what ever they have done? burn out their brain cells maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wny
        1.) do u remember what happen when u get drunk? Sometimes I do sometimes I don't
        2.) how do u usually react when you get drunk? (e.g; sleep, talk more, get hyper) I will sleep
        3.) why do people get drunk and then forget what ever they have done? burn out their brain cells maybe?
        y is it that sometimes you will remember and sometimes you will not?
        is it the level of drunkness?
        i'm jus really curious, nothin against anyone...

Comment

Level of drunkness contributes to everything. also what did you drink, did i have enough rest, did I sleep. I realise when I really want to get drunk, I don't. I usually get drunk on days that I least expect I will.

Comment

when i am drunk/tipsy, i feel very sleepy but can remember everything clearly. maybe i have not pushed myself to the limit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by sn0wny
              Level of drunkness contributes to everything. also what did you drink, did i have enough rest, did I sleep. I realise when I really want to get drunk, I don't. I usually get drunk on days that I least expect I will.
              i agree, usually when u r kinda moody, i will get drunk more easily... if not, it's jus being crazy runnin ard like a hyper kiddy...

Comment

Originally posted by hiphop
                when i am drunk/tipsy, i feel very sleepy but can remember everything clearly. maybe i have not pushed myself to the limit yet.
                when you are drunk, u feel sleepy right... will u remember that u feel tired and the last moments before u lie down to knock out?

does that conclude that it's kinda impossible not to rememenber what happen when u drink? it's jus more of a convenient excuse for the lack of control?

Comment

Haha when i'm drunk i like to laugh and giggle, sometimes i'll cry. Really emotions run high! But i've only drunk twice. 1st time not really drunk, it's just too much alcohol and I find everything so funny and laugh non-stop, my face feels so hot. The 2nd time, im conscious but i puked real badly I guess i must be feeling terrible (physically) that i cried? but again, I think it's due to my emotions at that time. I suddenly thought of all the sad things. Whichever it is, im not a good alcohol drinker. Or should say, im damn lousy. Haha I will not forget the time i puke, it's terrible...like its gonna come out from your nose *sorry if abit disgusting*. The next day i have sore throat. But i've seen girls/guys who are really drunk, as in can't really walk properly...and i guess they are not very conscious already...I still have not reach that stage. Anyway i dont really enjoy alcoholic drinks...

I've seen a jap girl who got drunk and kept doing the "split" (whats that called already? like those dancers do the splitting of legs) outside the pub. and shes wearing heels! she just can't stand and kept splitting. Like so *ouch*!
                  Last edited by cUp; 07-10-2005, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Lack of control is one thing. I always make sure I knock out only when I know I am in safe hands.

Comment

I totallly agree, even when i'm pukin nonstop, i will still make sure i get myself home to my own toilet n if i want to sleep there it's fine then...

at least if i just knock out, it's still my hm... at most i get a multiple ear fulls in e morning...

BUT most importantly, i will remember what i was doing the night b4... it's fun being high n jumping ard...

what i can't understand is when my friends tells me they don't rememebr the scean they created the night b4.... can someone explain to me?

Comment

I didn't get drunk before...but I got tipsy once after drowning a bottle of e-33.

I remembered being very free - like an out of body experience.

Because I was constantly babbling like a stupid idiot & giggling like a little schoolgirl.

I saw an ex JC-mate at Zouk whom I had a crush but whom I had never spoken to in those 2 years. When I saw him, I actually went up to him & told him that my classmates had nicknamed him Mr Cool...blah blah blah... I know that I was being a stupid idiot...but it's like as if I wasn't the one...like I had become someone else.

And all the time, it's like I am floating out of my own body & wondering "who the hell this stupid girl is?!"...it's like there's 2 separate parts of me...

Ever since then, I dare not get tipsy nor drunk coz I really don't want to make a fool outta myself.

Comment

the only time I was drunk, I was really pissed drunk that I was sleeping on the pavement with my friends all around me.

1) I do remember what happens
                          2) I get hyper and then suddenly I start sleeping lol
                          3) haha to save the embaressment I guess?

Comment

justmint, i agree that feeling tipsy and being drunk is already a sign of lack of control. however, i still feel that i have not pushed myself to the limit whereby my senses are totally unclear, i.e. i feel sleepy but i won't sleep in front of people i won't trust.

so far my 2 worst experiences which i could still remember clearly was when i was asked to walk on a straight line on the floor, but i really could not...that was really a funny sight. the other one was puking non-stop in a housewarming of a group of colleagues who just moved into their new service apt during a project... that was again funny cos it left an indelible impression in their minds until today how i puked in their apt... well i took tequila shots and on empty stomach...what would you expect??? anyway, those were the days of the wild....

my more recent worst experience was when i went pub hopping and took a few types of drink and ended up feeling so sleepy and the setting of the place somehow looks so dreamy and misty....and...............

Comment

so generally it is actually possible to remember what is happening when you drink... be it drunk or jus high...

there should not be such thing as not knowing what is goin on right?

Comment

Working...
                              X