• Show
Clear All

• Chinese New Year 2006

Anyone knows the exact dates and day for next year CNY

seems like we will be having a long weekend

29th January. Its sunday

Comment

I dont think is a long weekend.

Chinese New Year eve is on Saturday. So no half day work if you working 5days work.
      1st day of chinese new year on Sunday. Next day Monday should be public hoilday.
      But 2nd day of chinese new year is on Monday. So short of one public holiday!

Comment

Tues is also a public holiday gal

Comment

Really? :wow:
          Why my calendar didnt show?

Comment

Why is tues a holiday?

Comment

so that means 28, 29, 30 and 31st are non working days? wow great.

Comment

my calendar only shows 29&30 Jan as public holiday

Comment

The confirmed public holidays for CNY is 29th( 1st day of CNY) , 30th , 31st ( 3rd day of CNY). Excluding sales line, most of the company start work on wednesday.

People with 5 day work cycle would have a long wkend, but those with 5.5 day work cycle it depends on the company policy whether to work or not.

A little out of the topic here. Jan 06 is great! 1st & 2nd of the month is a public holiday too!

Comment

ya a couple of weeks back there was an article on Sunday Plus informing us about the public holidays in 2006 and teaching people how to make the most of their leaves by taking the least number of leaves to get the most numbers of days off or something...
                    Didnt read it in details cos more holidays mean more make up classes for me in school..

Comment

Mommy told me this year CNY will be pushed forward.

Mommy bought a couple of CNY clothes already. & i do not really need to buy any, as she said, every day for me is CNY (cuz i buy a lot of clothes every single week without fail)

What a typical mommy

Comment

so that is to say .. Jan 1st & 2nd public holiday...then 29th/30th/31st CNY Holiday again? right?

Comment

There's one i missed out. On the 10th is Hari Raya Haji. I think this thread is more on public holidays not only chinese new year 06.

Comment

Wow, after christmas so fast then Chinese new year already, fortunately for me. Christmas spend money give present, CNY recoup losses ****. Wish everyone win 4D and give me big ang baos!

Comment

i wan big ang baos too!

Comment

Working...
                              X