Accounting, auditing, bookkeeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accounting, auditing, bookkeeping

Hi ladies, are there any accounting people (accountant/accounts asst/etc) here?
    Last edited by nicole; 01-02-2005, 09:26 PM.

Why do you ask, TwinStars? Do you have a job opening to offer?

Comment

me! me!

Comment

Originally posted by Riverie
        Why do you ask, TwinStars? Do you have a job opening to offer?
        Oops, no job to offer.

Looking for job myself actually.

Comment

Originally posted by Blossom
          me! me!
          Hi Blossom thanks for responding

So what do you do? AP/AR/Everything??

Comment

what do you wish to know about accounting, dear? Perhaps you can list down your questions, I'm certain some of us here will be able to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by keiko
              what do you wish to know about accounting, dear? Perhaps you can list down your questions, I'm certain some of us here will be able to help you.
              Well not really questions actually, but wondering if anyone's in the same predicament as me.

You see, I have been in my present company for more than 3 years and during this period, I only incharge of AP. Now that I want to switch jobs, nobody wants to hire me, reason being I have no experience in full sets of accounts. I am feeling rather disheartened as I just got my degree.

Comment

I am in accounts dept. Grad and been working in the same company for 3 yr plus. Before this company, I was an auditor so this is actually my first accounts job.

My job scope changes at least 3 times. Everytime it gets more and more complex.

Basically my boss is very nice enough to let me have more exposure of stuffs (cash, expenses, fund, forecasting etc etc). Maybe you can ask your boss if you can have a change of job scope. Especially since you have just got your degree. You can ask the boss to take that as a consideration and give you more responsibilities and learnt more things.

Don't frus becos you know only AP. What is important is that the company is willing to let you learn as you go. I am a complete novice in accounting when I 1st joined but my boss is willing to let me learn. I learnt from scratch.
                Last edited by fornight; 22-10-2003, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleTwinStars
                  Hi Blossom thanks for responding

So what do you do? AP/AR/Everything??
                  i have maintained whole set of books before. basically i did everything. in my new co, i do management accounts. :roll:

Comment

It depends on what kind of companies you are applying for. Smaller ones usually require you to have experience in full set of accounts as the accounts dept is small. Larger organisations on the other hand has different accounting functions in the Finance dept.

If it's any consolation to you, I've recruited staff who do not have the relevant accounting experience. I chose them because of their positive attitude during the interview. So long as they show the right attitude and the intellectual ability to learn new things, the rest can be learnt on the job. After all, you've got an accounting qualification, it's not difficult to pick up AR, GL or any other accounting functions.

Good luck!

Comment

i used to love accounting... sounds like a freak... but after working for a few years, i think im rather tired of it. :roll:

Comment

I used to love accounting too!!! Actually I still do.....Reason is my company is prone to changing practices for their Projects (numerous projects). Not that they want it but because our company is undergoing restructuring and the Head office change here and there.....You can learnt why they do this and that....quite an eye opener!! But I think once they stabilize and everything become predictable, I will most probably get bored.

Comment

Originally posted by fornight
                          I used to love accounting too!!! Actually I still do.....Reason is my company is prone to changing practices for their Projects (numerous projects). Not that they want it but because our company is undergoing restructuring and the Head office change here and there.....You can learnt why they do this and that....quite an eye opener!! But I think once they stabilize and everything become predictable, I will most probably get bored.
                          yes... the work gets mundane after a while. :roll:

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                            Keiko, can you employ me please then?? I am very positive and full of drive (for shopping esp)!
                            I would love to...but you are too expensive, my dear.

Comment

LittleTwinStars, I agree with what most of said ... if u're able to go for job rotation, you'll gain exposure. It's not as easy to jump from handling AP to full-set in a smaller firm as there may not be anyone to guide you there, hence the need for experience.

Don't be too discouraged by your job search results, even experienced / qualified people are having difficulties in looking for new jobs now.

Comment

Working...
                              X