Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Negotiating Salaries

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Most of the talks here are about negotiating for starting pay. Anyone tried negotiating for a higher increment? How do you do it?

    Comment


    • #17
      Hee.. say u want to look for better offer ***.. Btw do u gal have any formal company letter for MOM to ask them backlist a EP holder who did not turn up work after signing of appointment letter. So angry..

      Comment


      • #18
        huh? Can a company do it?

        Comment


        • #19
          Cannot.. Can feedback to MOM for furture when he/she apply for EP. To those working in HR help me your got sample

          Comment


          • #20
            There is no sample, cos for my case, I work with office legal department for adhoc letters whenever necessary.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Queenie
              Anyone tried negotiating for a higher increment? How do you do it?
              for negotiating higher pay, this is what i will/ have done

              - projects that i have done, which might have involved a large amount of problem solving / effort
              - last time since u have an increment
              - why do u want an increment and are u willing to go for an added level of responsibilities?

              be honest, i guess is the best option

              the last thing i would said that i have a better offer cos really the employer might seen it as a threat to them, not very wise IMO

              Comment


              • #22
                OIc. Then can tell me how to write?

                Originally posted by fern0324
                There is no sample, cos for my case, I work with office legal department for adhoc letters whenever necessary.

                Comment


                • #23
                  eer...just use 'standard letter' format, using your company letter head. And sign off by HR, with his/her name and designation.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    my 2cent. for increment, it would be helpful that along the way (months), whatever tasks that you have contribute to and is value-added. Jot it down in your notebook or something. I believe human has short-term memory. (me too!). thus, when time for appraisal or something, you can show this(nicely done,of course) to your superior and fight for it. of course, they may have jot the things that you may done wrong. Mine do. . Must know how to counter then. ****..

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Wow.. Agree..

                      Originally posted by wheekwheek
                      my 2cent. for increment, it would be helpful that along the way (months), whatever tasks that you have contribute to and is value-added. Jot it down in your notebook or something. I believe human has short-term memory. (me too!). thus, when time for appraisal or something, you can show this(nicely done,of course) to your superior and fight for it. of course, they may have jot the things that you may done wrong. Mine do. . Must know how to counter then. ****..

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        How often normally companies adjust employees salaries? Is it like 5 years or never until you ask for it?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          depends on ur contract, mine said review every 6 months or every performance appraisal

                          it all depends on the company though, i think it all depends on what u want to fight for?

                          however i do think it is abit meaningless if ur company dont reward according and u often had to fight for it

                          just my views

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            agree with natnatvi,always give the lame excuse. "Quota etc.. etc.." ****..

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              quota? i dont get it
                              u mean your company has a quota for increment?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                i iwll be changing field n think i may have to start with a grad's starting pay even though i have work for 3 yrs plus.

                                any good tips to negotiate my salary?

                                tia! =)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X