No announcement yet.

Negotiating Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they have sort of distributing curve, which would state no. of people can get A, B grade etc...so it is rather disheartening when the pie is getting smaller and no. of people to get better increment also goes down the drain despite hard work been done. =(

Originally posted by natnatviv
    quota? i dont get it
    u mean your company has a quota for increment?

Comment

Hmm depends on what company, Citibank offer 3.5 for their managment associate but my friends had to go through at least 4 rounds to get in. Loreal give their trainee quite good pay too. Heard ABT give 2 K+ to their management trainees... =)

Comment

Hi all,

I got a question to ask. Lets say the ad puts down a salary range, e.g. 2k-2.2k specifically. But when they invite you to send in your resume, they ask you to include your expected salary. So can I still write something higher than 2.2k? Or should my expected salary be 2.2k since they already spell out that's the maximum?

Comment

Originally posted by vanilla
          Hi all,

I got a question to ask. Lets say the ad puts down a salary range, e.g. 2k-2.2k specifically. But when they invite you to send in your resume, they ask you to include your expected salary. So can I still write something higher than 2.2k? Or should my expected salary be 2.2k since they already spell out that's the maximum?
          u can just give a higher one 'coz if they really want u, they will still pay u the amt.

but bear in mind that if there's 2 candidates that r very close in mind for them, they may take ur salary expectations into account.

Comment

got it, thanks pulpy!

Comment

How much would you ask for?

Hello Babes..

just wondering how much would you ask for an Executive Secretary post? i'd wanted to send a resume for the post but am not sure how much should i put for expected salary. any1 here can help? thanks in adv..

Comment

How about asking for a 10 to 20% increment from your last drawn salary?

Comment

actually is helping my cousin to ask..i'm not sure how much she got frm previous company. Was thinking of asking her to put $2,000-$2,500[Negotiable] but i'm afraid it abit too much too..so was wondering any1 in CC is at this line can give advice..

Comment

it depends greatly on the industry you are in, the level you are reporting too. To be an E.S., i guess you should have ample years of experience & good length of working years asking for anything above 2.5K or from 3K is no problem.

Comment

also depends on the size of the company. ES is is the mother of all secretaries so the salary can be expected to be more, since she will usually serve the director or a president or equivalent. The ES in my ex company draws more than $6K.

Comment

actually i think when sending in resume, it is not complusory to put in expected salary. So meanwhile i think your cousin can send in her resume and ask around to know about the market rate while waiting for reply from the company.

Comment

Is it okay to ask for higger offer

Just asking if any cotters have the experience of asking a higher sal frm the HR after she tells u the salary package .

Is it advisable to do so? or better not?

thanks

Comment

That depends on several things:

(1) Whether you have any relevant experience. If you're a fresh grad, you have no bargaining position. If you?ve worked for a few years, it is easier to justify why you should be paid more
                            (2) Market rate. If the pay is market rate, it?s hard to ask for more. If it is below, see point 1
                            (3) How much the company wants you

Comment

Is the current offer within the range of what you asked for in the first place?
                              If so, then nope. Cos it shows you are not very sincere in the position.
                              If not, then i think you can ask for what you actually want.
                              But be prepared that you may not get the job if they cannot meet your asking salary.

Comment

How much higher are you expecting or hoping to get? If it's not a lot, you can take it up, work a few months and if you think you deserve more pay, do up a list of why you deserve more pay (i.e. work and personal merits, achievements on the job so far, prevailing market rate if you're paid under that), memorise that list, and arrange a personal talk with your boss.

Worked for my friends

Comment

Working...
                                X