Working as a temp SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working as a temp SA

I dont know where else to post this but Im thinking of spending my 3 mth holiday working at a cosmetic counter.... and I really want to work at Bobbi brown (or another brand if i BB doesnt want temps). Any ideas on how do I get around finding myself a position there? I was trying to find the Estee Lauder company website for singapore, but i couldnt find it... hmmm, what do I need to do now?

Thanks all! :wave:

thanks! Im wondering if I should call? Im feeling chicken now....

Comment

Please just call! Ask them to put you to the HR department. They'll let you know if they've got any positions open. Good luck! :bestwish

Comment

Good luck! let us know how's the result

Comment

yep, Stella is right. Alternatively, you could comb thru the papers. i saw Chanel and L'oreal advertising for Beauty Advisors. but if you have a specific company in mind, just call and it'll be easier.

Comment

What about fragrance SA? I used to work for Luxasia during my break

Comment

Estee Lauder advertised on yesterday's papers!!!!
              And they asked for Origins aestheticians and BOBBI BROWN MUA!! LOL. sorry, im so excited because i was like thinking is this a sign or what?!

Only thing is... the interviews last till 2nd april and they would like those with at least 5 years makeup experience if u are without makeup qualifications... what does 'makeup experience' mean? Hmm... and it is stated: part time positions are also available..
              But I can only work on weekdays from may to july (weekends are tricky cos i have church on sat and i got to spend time w my SO who's in the army) .. so do i still qualify? And when they mean 'part time' , what does that mean? A few days a week? Or a few hours a day? Hmmm..... Im not sure if i should go for the interview..I dont want to make a wasted trip.

then again, i dont even know what the interview is about... does anyone have any experience to know what these interviews are about? Would they make me show them my skills? Plus my exams only end in late April, so I can only start in May.... would that put me in a disadvantage? oh well. Plus I wonder if they would want to train me if im merely working a few months.. unless I continue to do part time work after that.... but i need to know the hours since ive school. oh well. Im so confused now....

Comment

Shouldn't be that difficult to get into EL. My ex-schoolmates worked at EL during the 6months break after O levels. They got paid an hourly rate of about $5.50/hour. Can't remember if they were entitled to comissions or not, but they're entitled to staff discounts and privileges(sp).

If they take in 16 year olds who are still on Johnsons, Nivea, Simple etc, I'm sure you'll have no problems especially when you've got the interest and knowledge.

Comment

[size=1]Originally posted by Pixash
                  Only thing is... the interviews last till 2nd april and they would like those with at least 5 years makeup experience if u are without makeup qualifications... what does 'makeup experience' mean? Hmm... and it is stated: part time positions are also available..
                  But I can only work on weekdays from may to july (weekends are tricky cos i have church on sat and i got to spend time w my SO who's in the army) .. so do i still qualify? And when they mean 'part time' , what does that mean? A few days a week? Or a few hours a day? Hmmm..... Im not sure if i should go for the interview..I dont want to make a wasted trip.
                  Part time means working a few days a week possibly. full time usually means a five day work week go to the interview -- at the same time you can find out more about the job and ask the interviewee all your questions.

then again, i dont even know what the interview is about... does anyone have any experience to know what these interviews are about? Would they make me show them my skills? Plus my exams only end in late April, so I can only start in May.... would that put me in a disadvantage? oh well. Plus I wonder if they would want to train me if im merely working a few months.. unless I continue to do part time work after that.... but i need to know the hours since ive school. oh well. Im so confused now....
                  usually they ask you some basic questions like how would you sell this product? i don't think they ask anything super difficult or ask you to show your skills. but then again my sis' L'oreal interview didn't but EL or BB may

Comment

okay. that sounds reassuring..... anyone else has any other advice? Hmmm, if not, i may just call to set an interview date for thursday.. meanwhile, hoping my breakout will get better ASAP!!!

Comment

okay! i just realised ive no passport sized photo.....tsk
                      anyone knows of any instant machine ones anywhere? im cracking my head to rem but i cant... and i think its better than those photo shops..... since i feel so awkward smiling in a shop. Hmmm, or worse to worse, i'd have to do that and risk spending money for an unflattering shot.oh sheesh.

Comment

do u have a digi camera? cos my bro took his photo usin his digi camera and print it. or u can go to those shop who can print on a better quality of paper

gd luck in any case!
                        Last edited by Glossie; 18-01-2005, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixash
                          okay! i just realised ive no passport sized photo.....tsk
                          anyone knows of any instant machine ones anywhere? im cracking my head to rem but i cant... and i think its better than those photo shops..... since i feel so awkward smiling in a shop. Hmmm, or worse to worse, i'd have to do that and risk spending money for an unflattering shot.oh sheesh.
                          Taka has one, located in between SIngPost and the Laundry shop at level 4.

Where do you stay? or which area/place will be convenient for you, i'll try to crack my brain to think of another one for you..

Comment

Hi....feels quite shy to ask this question also......any idea how much experience or skills needed to be able to work at cosmetics counters? im not thinking of clinique..kose...estee lauder those higher range of cosmetics brands...maybe ettusais? or bloom? more for teenagers kind.....because im rather interested in this kind of job....but i dont have background about cosmetics...maybe only very briefly.....wonderring like if they will provide you with training or whaT? because sometimes i see some very young girls working at cosmetic counter at bloom(seiyu bugis)....

i am very very interested in make up....but i do not know my way around....as in....should i take up some courses to assist me better? or what?

Any one can share their experiences with me? or answer my doubts.......thanks....=)

Comment

oh huili youre so sweet! I stay at sengkang! Though any place at harbourfront is fine too... (not that i think theres any there..lol)
                              oh hougang/serangoon/dhoby ghaut or any place along the NE MRT line is also fine...thanks! its okay if you cant think of any tho!

Comment

Working...
                              X