Alumni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alumni

just wondering if you ladies/guys still go back to your previous school. whether it's for relief teaching, helping out in ECAs, etc.

i for one go back for the cheap and good food.

any ex-Victorians here going back next sat (1st may) for the 20th anniversary fun fair? i was there for the 10th anniversary. i can't believe 10 years have gone by so swiftly.

wow Mich, i haven't gone back to school since A level results day, and i honestly don't intend to for a safe period of time - after which, the verve to go back probably will be lost

i guess it's not that i'm not loyal to my school, it's the barrage of memories (many painful ones) that stop me from revisiting the schools of my past

oh, and my stupid CT tutor was trying to push us to buy the fun fair tickets when we collected our results :roll: even when people were crying and upset about their results. so i don't think i will go.

Comment

hey michelle you also from VJC? which batch?
      I only went back once or twice since graduation. and that was YEARS ago.

the funfair sounds interesting. Might try to round up some of my college mates to go with me.

Comment

from a very old batch. if my memory serves me correctly, i'm from 95. since grad, i've gone back less than 10 times. just to see the auditorium and to eat the western food.

islande, i can sympathise. i got more painful memories than good ones. but it's been so long, i've forgotten most of them.

Comment

oh, Mich, they did up the hall too all light wood, spanking new. the auditorium has lovely winding stairs with stained glass panes. very nice

Comment

Re: alumni

Originally posted by michannat
            just wondering if you ladies/guys still go back to your previous school. whether it's for relief teaching, helping out in ECAs, etc.

i for one go back for the cheap and good food.

any ex-Victorians here going back next sat (1st may) for the 20th anniversary fun fair? i was there for the 10th anniversary. i can't believe 10 years have gone by so swiftly.
            hi, correct me if i'm wrong but i think i read from another thread that you were a KC-ian as well?

Comment

i'd go back to my secondary school for food! and maybe help out in the CCA but too bad the canteen's under renovation (together with the primary school) and they shifted next door..

Comment

jo, what ECA were you involved in? my bf and his friends sometimes go back to their previous sec school to help out with the scouts.

hi kintra, i was from KC. you too?

Comment

NCC

Comment

cool. seems like most people who go back to help out usually belong to one uniform group or another.

Comment

hi kintra, i was from KC. you too?
                      I am from KC too, which year your from. i graduated in 1994

Comment

yep.. i think its because there are more activities and you spend more time together

Comment

Originally posted by demigoddess1512
                          I am from KC too, which year your from. i graduated in 1994
                          cool! same here. graduated in '94 too. do you still go back to KC? i've not gone back. last day i was there was prob to collect "O" level results.

Comment

cool! same here. graduated in '94 too. do you still go back to KC?
                            What a coincidence, maybe i know u
                            Anyway i have not gone back to school for ages. i hate Mrs Wee and i am so glad she's out of the school.

Just recenty i saw Serene Boey, not sure if u know her. She was working in the same company as me for a short while then she resigned. :roll:
                            Last edited by Demigoddess; 22-04-2004, 03:36 PM.

Comment

cool! same here. graduated in '94 too. do you still go back to KC? i've not gone back. last day i was there was prob to collect "O" level results.
                              hi demigoddess and mich, i was from KC too! 1995-1998.
                              the serene boey you are referring to is mrs boey (VP's ) daughter right? she was a top student or something, can't remember.

i never quite figured out why mrs oei was so hated! care to share stories?

i've not been back since 2000 when i went to see miss susan tee my sec 4 form teacher just before my A levels. much has changed and things don't seem the same anymore when you go back.
                              guess that's why many people choose not to revisit their old schools.

nice to see KC-ians around!

Comment

Working...
                              X