Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone working in childcare centre / kindergarten ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone working in childcare centre / kindergarten ?

hi all..as above

working environment? working prospects?

someone close to me works as a part time teacher

a lot of patience and tact is needed in this job, if u have anger management issues, do not attempt!

but of course it is a good way to interact with kids and learn how to deal with problematic kids

u also have parents to think about and yeah u cant hit the nottie ones!

i believe u need a diploma / certificate in child care education or something... this might be sponsored/ subsicised by the centre if they are happy with your performance.

Comment

hey i used to work in a childcare.

Comment

today's my last day at a childcare centre. :wave:

Comment

how's the pay like? less than 1k?

Comment

after deducting CPF, yeah, its less then 1K.

Comment

Originally posted by miracle
              how's the pay like? less than 1k?
              i was a teacher assistant, after CPF is less than 1K.

but if you're a full-fledged teacher with diploma, the pay is $1500-$1600.

Comment

hi cupcake
                which centre were u working for? are they needing ppl now and whats the basic qualifications for your centre?

did u like your job? hee

Comment

it's a PAP childcare centre.
                  the minimum qualifications is 5 O Levels credits & preferably someone with experience.

Comment

Hi! I temp-ed at childcare centres after my 'O' and "A' levels. I taught the playgroup classes (1.5-3 year olds) both times. It was really fun and I looked forward to work everyday

It feels so good to know that those kids I taught have grown up and are in primary school

I think childcare centres are always in need of help because the turnover rate is fairly high. Look in the classified ads under 'lecturing' positions, though some schools might require you to be trained in early childhood education.

HTH!

Comment

Is it relatively easy to get a job in this line? I'm considering to temp first .. kinda bored with office job and intending to switch. how much is the pay for temp? hourly rated?

Comment

Hi,

I was paid $750 per month after my 'O' levels, and $900 per month after my 'A' levels. Not much at all, but I saved on lunch and transport (lunch is provided and the centres were a few minutes walk from my place). HTH!

Comment

my mommy is a pre-nursery teacher at a private christian kindergarden...
                          to be in this line, you got to be really dedicated and you really have to love kids. sure, they look cute and all, but disciplining them and teaching them is another matter. when my mother meets spoilt kids, she has to be firm yet caring and gentle. after a month of two with my mother, the kids change for the better and become so much more "guai" (obedient, polite).
                          satisfaction in this line is when you see the children grow up, learn and when you see them happy! the pay of a nursery teacher is not high and all. but you'll know when you're highly appreciated when the mothers and kids you teach give you a little something (sometimes candy) for teachers' day.
                          hmmm.. qualifications are necessary nowadays. least is a diploma in childcare. you can study it at kinderland or any other child centres.
                          hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by drusilla
                            Hi,

I was paid $750 per month after my 'O' levels, and $900 per month after my 'A' levels. Not much at all, but I saved on lunch and transport (lunch is provided and the centres were a few minutes walk from my place). HTH!
                            Exactly the same experience I had! Since it was a temp/vacation job, the centre I was with did not require me to be certified though it's a registered centre. Centres registered with MOE are required to certify all full-time teachers. Not sure of the exact details though.

Comment

i was being paid 850 bucks after CPF, taught primary school mostly. You need to be really patience.

Comment

Working...
                              X