Psychology & Counselling courses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psychology & Counselling courses

I'm considering taking up a psychology degree.. any recommendations? Looking at James Cook University.. but the fees is $30K! *aargh*

ehhh....
    to be honest, i don't think v much of JCU.
    it's located in far up Queensland and isn't all that highly thought of by the locals afaik.
    it's good for marine related courses, but psych?......i'm iffy......

Comment

i'm doing psychology as a shared major in NUS now... i feel tt if u want to do psy, it's better that u go overseas.. the degrees from singapore are not recognized so u can't practice anyway, so only can learn for interest... unless u plan to get a BA here then go overseas or something like that...

Comment

the fee for the course range from 30k up to 50k

Comment

i guess i'm taking up psy cos nothing else really interests me.

and perhaps from there, i might just go into human resource management? as the Lord leads...

or i might just go back to full time tuition

Comment

try SIM open Uni...i know of someone who is a teacher taking psych in SIM & she say its recognised in her field of teaching

Comment

My sis in law did her psychology course in Uni of Melbourne and then her final semester, she did an exchange prog with Penn State Uni in States. She wanted UCLA etc (they have an impressive list of States unis for exchange programme) but her application submitted too late coz it was a last min decision by her after much encouragement from me

Now, she's in Nottingham Uni, England doing her bridging course = hons (i think) before she could take up Masters in dunno which uni in England.

Fees wise, shoot me. I have no idea but i know she spent really a lot on accomodation, food and holidays!

Hths!

Comment

is there a part time degree for this? how much is the fees at SIM?

Comment

i think should b ard $30k for e whole course...

heard that one sem is abt $4k...but duno their one sem is whole yr or half yr...u may wan to check up SIM webbie for that...
                  Last edited by yUki-ko; 06-01-2005, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yUki-ko
                    try SIM open Uni...i know of someone who is a teacher taking psych in SIM & she say its recognised in her field of teaching
                    May I know how much are the course fees for Sim psych basic degree and psych honours? Thanks in advance.

Comment

NUS degree for psychology is recognised Maybe you can try there too...

Comment

Originally posted by Air
                        i guess i'm taking up psy cos nothing else really interests me.

and perhaps from there, i might just go into human resource management? as the Lord leads...

or i might just go back to full time tuition
                        Air, if you are interested in Human Resource Management, try finding out if there are any dip or degree thats more related to that. I have a degree in Psychology from NUS, and its no relevance to HRM at all.

Comment

sorrt but do one have a good command of english to take up psy course? my english is terrible!

Comment

I think overseas degree for psych has the same recognition as a Singapore degree. To be a practising psychologist, you need more than just a BA. That's what my friends who took that told me.

Comment

Originally posted by luv_shan
                              sorrt but do one have a good command of english to take up psy course? my english is terrible!
                              don't think that it's complusory to have good english, but it really really helps if you do, as there'll be "chim" words and new terms, and if you don't have a certain standard of english, it'll be hard to catch up on readings and understanding them...

Comment

Working...
                              X