Further studies anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Further studies anyone?

Hello cotters, I have been working for a year now, and I am unhappy doing what I do. I'm thinking of furthering my studies, learn something new, and hopefully with a masters I can get a better job. Anyone did that or thinking the same thing? Do share! =)

Originally posted by jacgurl View Post
    Hello cotters, I have been working for a year now, and I am unhappy doing what I do. I'm thinking of furthering my studies, learn something new, and hopefully with a masters I can get a better job. Anyone did that or thinking the same thing? Do share! =)
    What sort of master are you looking at? where about have you though of going to? If you have not been studying abroad before.
    Ask yourself some questions:

1) What are you going to study?
    2) Where?
    3) After you are have completed that, what is your next plan? Stay put or return to singapore?
    4) Am i able to cope with the standard of living?
    (Financially / Culture shock) Always keep in mind that travelling does not imply that you are able to cope with culture shock

5) How long will i be there for?

After you are done with that, if your answer for Question3) is to stay put
    It is time for you to source what are the master that will get you a PR or a working permit. (Not all nature of master is granted PR)

Comment

hey listening.ear your reply is very thought provoking. Thankssss. My family is very supportive of this idea, but I will still return to SG after graduation, so I am fine with the PR thing.

The problem is where and what to study. I had an accountancy degree, so I think most relevant masters is Finance? But I hate Finance. And I would prefer to go somewhere that is English speaking or the majority speaks English. UK and US is super expensive! But US is better compared to UK, as they allow graduates to stay and work for 1 year after graduation. I feel that this is a rather enticing option it is always better to come back with Ang Moh degree and working experience.

However, I am seriously considering Switzerland. Reason being it is cheaper, their international students' tuition fees are also subsidized. They do speak English. But it is definitely harder to get used to the country compared to US =S.

anywhere else I should consider?

Comment

Also keen in continuing studies but not doing MA but taking new courses but related to my graduated course.

Comment

Wow! you ladies are incredible wanting to study again. It it's me, I dont think I can stand going back to school again. hahaha!

Comment

Working...
          X