Interviewer is unprofessional........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interviewer is unprofessional........

I just attended an interview with a renowned company - R in the retail industry. I passed the HR interview and proceeded to the next interview with the hiring manager. I went to the company and was ushered to the conference room where the interview was conducted. However, there was a meeting going on next door so it was quite noisy. The hiring manager initiated the meeting outside and said she would like to know me better and wanted to treat me to a coffee. I obliged.

She told me to wait while she went back to her room to get some cash. As we were walking to the cafe, she told me that she didnt have cash so I would have to pay for the coffee. At that moment, I was dumbfounded and felt the whole thing really absurb as I have never heard a hiring manager asking a jobseeker to treat her coffee. I was really pissed but reluctantly obliged. What pissed me off was, she wasnt sure if she should give me the job as she felt my previous work experience was not really relevant to the open position. Also, at the end of the conversation, she told me that the purpose of asking me out was because of the noise at the interview in the conference room.

I dont mind the money spent on the coffee but just felt that I was being taken advantage of. Should I complain to the Human Resource of the company? Should I just forget the whole episode? Please advise me what to do.

Mmm...

I personally don't think you need to complain. Perhaps just bring it up, highlighting the issue to the company?
    Like how she wasn't exactly being truthful about meeting outside with an 'intention of knowing you better'?

Comment

Originally posted by Eloj View Post
      Mmm...

I personally don't think you need to complain. Perhaps just bring it up, highlighting the issue to the company?
      Like how she wasn't exactly being truthful about meeting outside with an 'intention of knowing you better'?
      I already informed the HR of the company about my situation and the hiring manager who is the Senior Merchandising Manager by the name of E. I brought it up to the HR as I felt that her behaviour and actions were uncalled for. I want to stand up for myself and demand an explanation from them. I'm prepared to be blacklisted and never apply any job positions in Robinsons company in future. I mean, why should I ruin my future working for an imbecile, unprofessional and unethical manager. In fact, a manager should possesses a solid set of good management and people skills combined with an honorable code of ethics and a measureable IQ level. Unfortunately, this female hiring “manager” in her 50s did not reflect any of them.

Eloj, you are right that she is not being truthful and besides, she takes advantage of jobseeker like me.

Comment

Working...
      X