Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [URGENT] Looking for female managers for credit company

Dear ladies,

Our credit company is currently expanding rapidly and wish to hire two females for the following position :

Job Title : Manager
    Education Requirements : Just 4 'O' level credits and a pass in english
    Working Location :
    Either Ang Mo Kio or Dhoby Gaut
    Starting Pay :
    $1500 and above regardless of certifications
    Work Time :
    11.30am onwards

We realise that the job market is competitive and even with the right qualifications it is not easy to secure a job. We understand the situation which is why we have created two jobs, because over at our company, we believe in hard work and the willingness to learn, certifications are just pieces of paper to us.

This position would be perfect for ladies out there who would like to wake up later, or simply enjoy breakfast before heading to work.

Kindly drop me a msg or a call at 81004117 to enquire, or leave your contact details behind.

Thank you

By the way this is a very good opportunity to learn about passive income and sidelines and also experiences from others which can definitely help you in the later parts of life. If anybody wishes to just find out more, but not keen in taking up the position offered, do not hesistate to contact me as well. I am more than willing to share. Cheerios.

Comment

Why is the age limit stated?

Discrimination !!!

Comment

Originally posted by guessi View Post
        Why is the age limit stated?

Discrimination !!!
        In what way is it discrimination ? Age does play a part in the job scope, moreover we are looking at creating jobs for young adults who have just graduated from school but yet unable to find work.

Comment

): dun have so much O level credits.. ): But it seems nice to be able to be a manager at the age of early 20s.. I like that idea!

Comment

Originally posted by MeliviaLow View Post
            ): dun have so much O level credits.. ): But it seems nice to be able to be a manager at the age of early 20s.. I like that idea!
            We are also looking for those who do not fit the O level qualifications but have at least experience in microsoft word and excel, and very basic keying in of invoices. Pay is $1500, 3 mths probation after which it will be increased to $1800.

Comment

Is it sure that there will be a pay raise?

Comment

Originally posted by KeiraNeylene View Post
                Is it sure that there will be a pay raise?
                Yes there will be, after 3 mths of probation. Unless we feel that one is not suitable for the job

By the way, only Singaporeans or Malaysians, as we require staff who can speak both english and mandarin.
                Last edited by Andre-; 13-11-2012, 03:11 PM. Reason: I can even edit my thread. My god.

Comment

According to the mom, those hirers cannot state age limitation.

If stated, it is considered discrimination.

You need to create equal job opportunities for young and old.
                  And not just considering those fresh.
                  In all your action, it is consider discrimation!!

Comment

According to the mom, those hirers cannot state age limitation.

If stated, it is considered discrimination.

You need to create equal job opportunities for young and old.
                    And not just considering those fresh.
                    In all your action, it is consider discrimation!!
                    So what really makes you think that not putting age there means that the company does not discriminate ? In numerous job advertisements they usually state that fresh graduates are welcomed, it is simply another way of rephrasing " We are looking for young employees "

Anyway just FYI this is the MOM guideline :

• Job advertisements should avoid listing attributes such as age, gender, marital status, race, religion and language, unless it is duly justifiable.

I am able to justify my reasons for stating age,gender,race,language, but of course I am only obliged to answer to the Ministry.

Equality, in my own opinion, is just a word that exist just to appease the public, but it has never really been practised. Marketing techniques for example is directly opposed to equality, let's take a few popular yogurt stalls for example, if equality does exist, why are 99% of the employees young and female ?

Ultimately I feel that even before knowing what we do as a company, you should not jump to conclusions that we are discriminating, that is quite a sweeping statement coming from you. Moreover we are a firm supporter for the yellow ribbon project. Ask your company, what have they really done to contribute to society, before labelling us with that term. Thank you.

Comment

For your understanding, those companies who stated age, gender or religion is presenting "discrimination".

I m just saying outloud that you shouldnt do it because creating jobs for young and old is important especially in today society.

Alot of building construction is following strictly to government guidelines. Are you saying that they shouldnt? If everyone is following, why are you sidetracking? Obviously you are creating and practising age discrimination in your company!

Comment

For your understanding, those companies who stated age, gender or religion is presenting "discrimination".

I m just saying outloud that you shouldnt do it because creating jobs for young and old is important especially in today society.

Alot of building construction is following strictly to government guidelines. Are you saying that they shouldnt? If everyone is following, why are you sidetracking? Obviously you are creating and practising age discrimination in your company!
                        Let me give you a bit of background about myself first before jumping to conclusions. For close to 10 years, I have been working closely with MCYS, offering help, advice, companionship, and guidance to troubled kids who have strayed. Previously, I volunteered my services at CARE ( Children At-Risk Empowerment Association ), working with the children there and providing free ad-hoc designing services. I believe that giving a child a good upbringing is vital in enabling them to survive in society at a later stage, and moreover having worked with so many teenagers and young adults in the past, I do feel a closer connection to them, which is why after much discussion, we have decided to expand and simultaneously creating jobs for them. We have chosen the above age group because after going through the roles of the job, we have decided that females landing in that age category would be the most suitable.

However these are a few pointers I strongly suggest you to go through first :

1. Discrimination is the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, esp. on the grounds of race, age, or sex. Setting an age limit does not in any way discriminate because we are pairing up our jobs with employees who are best suited for them. We do not discriminate on purpose, neither do we have something against people outside the recommended age group, this is all done in the best interest of a employer-employee relationship.
                        2. We understand that creating jobs for both the young and old are important in today's society, however we are not an MNC who have the capability to create hundreds or thousands of jobs at the snap of the fingers. Similar to the story of the starfish, we might not be able to employ everybody seeking a job, but what we are doing now is to slowly bring them into the workforce, and hopefully cultivate them into fine working adults.
                        3. Construction is following to BCA guidelines, not MOM guidelines, please get your facts right. It has no connection whatsoever to recruitment guidelines, so saying that I am sidetracking, simply means you have no idea what you are talking about.
                        4. You have not responded to my question as to why yogurt establishments employ young females only, yet nobody sees them as discrimination.
                        5. Here we are creating jobs in the society for young adults who have the desire to work yet unable to get employed due to their track records or simply because society refuse to accept them, yet here you are harping on about us being discriminating. You mentioned in the other thread that you have a degree,and as an average worker with an average education cert, I am sure you would be able to understand the law of averages, that what we are doing simply is balancing employment in Singapore.

I hope you understand where I am coming from. So it would be good if you could retract your accusation that we are disciminating.

Comment

Fair employment (from mom website):

Singapore is a meritocratic society and implementing fair and merit-based employment practices is the right thing to do. Singapore also has a diverse workforce in terms of its ethnic, religious, age and gender makeup. It will be increasingly so in terms of age and gender, as our population ages and as we encourage more women to enter the workforce. Implementing fair and merit-based employment practices widens the pool of candidates that employers can recruit from, increasing their chances of finding the best person for the job. Treating employees fairly and with respect also helps employers to retain valued employees to sustain and grow their businesses. Employees will also be more motivated to put in their best for the organisation. The Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) works with employer organisations, unions and the Government to create awareness and facilitate the adoption of fair employment practices. TAFEP was formed in pursuant to the recommendation of the Tripartite Committee on Employability of Older Workers to promote employment practices that are fair and equitable to all workers. The Alliance is co-chaired by Mr Heng Chee How, Deputy Secretary-General, National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and Mr Bob Tan, Vice President, Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF). The Alliance also includes members representing the employers, workers/unions, and the Government.

Comment

Fair employment (from mom website):

Singapore is a meritocratic society and implementing fair and merit-based employment practices is the right thing to do. Singapore also has a diverse workforce in terms of its ethnic, religious, age and gender makeup. It will be increasingly so in terms of age and gender, as our population ages and as we encourage more women to enter the workforce. Implementing fair and merit-based employment practices widens the pool of candidates that employers can recruit from, increasing their chances of finding the best person for the job. Treating employees fairly and with respect also helps employers to retain valued employees to sustain and grow their businesses. Employees will also be more motivated to put in their best for the organisation. The Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) works with employer organisations, unions and the Government to create awareness and facilitate the adoption of fair employment practices. TAFEP was formed in pursuant to the recommendation of the Tripartite Committee on Employability of Older Workers to promote employment practices that are fair and equitable to all workers. The Alliance is co-chaired by Mr Heng Chee How, Deputy Secretary-General, National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) and Mr Bob Tan, Vice President, Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF). The Alliance also includes members representing the employers, workers/unions, and the Government.
                            Once again, this shows nothing, and you are deliberately avoiding all my questions.

If you really are so confident that I am discriminating, kindly bring the case up to MOM, my contact number is there so they may contact me at any point of time to discuss the issue at hand. If no further actions are being taken on your end, I suggest you stop posting remarks that are condescending in nature towards both me and my company. I am being sincere in posting this employment ad, yet instead of contributing or helping to spread news, you have shamelessly barged in with your barrage of copy and paste text, all the while making no sense at all.

I am sure fellow cotters here can see, but in case you dont, let me get this across to you, we are contributing towards society by creating jobs, you are in no way contributing by mindlessly posting these messages.

Comment

I m sorry if you feel this way. I didnt mean it.

A different age groups will feel that their opportunities to be hired is not there. Naturally it feels like unfair.

Thats all bye

Comment

Working...
                              X