Need help, company refuse to pay me after I tendered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help, company refuse to pay me after I tendered

Hi ladies, I'm having some problems and I hope to hear what you all have to suggest.

I was working as a managerial role in a company and tendered my resignation after I had a better job opportunity. When my CEO found out, she was extremely upset and angry but ultimately I still tendered my resignation with a notice period of one month.

The next day after I tendered my resignation, she got the IT department to confiscate my laptop & hard disk since I held confidential material and gave me a "guest" laptop to work on. However even though I had one month in the company, I was unable to do any work since all the information & documents were in my laptop so I contacted her (she went overseas) and explained to her my situation of not being able to carry out tasks since my laptop & hard disk were confiscated so she said she will speak when she is back.

Subsequently after I told her she was basically making my life difficult & making things awkward for me since now that she knows I am leaving the company, I asked to leave immediately and she agreed as well since there was no work she wanted me to do since they were all confidential.

All these happened in the month of November & salary are given out 1st of every month.

This month, I checked with the accountant and realised that she does not want to sign my pay cheque & claims which I paid on behalf of the company previously so when I emailed her several times regarding it, she did not reply at all.

I then contacted another manager to inform her about my pay cheque but she just said she will contact me.

Anyway seven other people has tendered their resignation in the past two months and I do know that she has made their life very difficult when they left so I do not want to waste my time calling her etc just to chase her for my pay cheque. I have also heard she does not contribute CPF for many months until the employees starting chasing her for it.

When I consulted the people around me, they all said I should go straight to MOM since she is unreachable and ridiculous but I am not sure how this works.

Can anyone of you give any advise since this is the first time I have met with such a difficult CEO.

Originally posted by melissatay21 View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm having some problems and I hope to hear what you all have to suggest.

I was working as a managerial role in a company and tendered my resignation after I had a better job opportunity. When my CEO found out, she was extremely upset and angry but ultimately I still tendered my resignation with a notice period of one month.

The next day after I tendered my resignation, she got the IT department to confiscate my laptop & hard disk since I held confidential material and gave me a "guest" laptop to work on. However even though I had one month in the company, I was unable to do any work since all the information & documents were in my laptop so I contacted her (she went overseas) and explained to her my situation of not being able to carry out tasks since my laptop & hard disk were confiscated so she said she will speak when she is back.

Subsequently after I told her she was basically making my life difficult & making things awkward for me since now that she knows I am leaving the company, I asked to leave immediately and she agreed as well since there was no work she wanted me to do since they were all confidential.

All these happened in the month of November & salary are given out 1st of every month.

This month, I checked with the accountant and realised that she does not want to sign my pay cheque & claims which I paid on behalf of the company previously so when I emailed her several times regarding it, she did not reply at all.

I then contacted another manager to inform her about my pay cheque but she just said she will contact me.

Anyway seven other people has tendered their resignation in the past two months and I do know that she has made their life very difficult when they left so I do not want to waste my time calling her etc just to chase her for my pay cheque. I have also heard she does not contribute CPF for many months until the employees starting chasing her for it.

When I consulted the people around me, they all said I should go straight to MOM since she is unreachable and ridiculous but I am not sure how this works.

Can anyone of you give any advise since this is the first time I have met with such a difficult CEO.
    hi, well.. all i can advise you is that since you have already done all your part (trying to get in touch with them on this matter) but they are refusing to settle the problem then you should just go directly to MOM directly and seek advice on this matter. They would be much more beneficial to help you in your case.

In the meanwhile, i came across this website you might want to have a look while contemplating on your next step. Singapore Employee Termination Guide not sure if its helpful...

p.s. i believer your company already breach some laws by not contributing to employee's CPF which i thought was mandatory for most employees

Comment

Keep prove of all the emails or messages sent to her. Evidence is what you need to help you get back your money! Fight hard! (:

Comment

I understand how you feel! I had the same experience before, shitty boss, but my situation a little different. I only worked for less than 2 weeks and cannot take it anymore, boss insisted I give ONE WHOLE MONTH NOTICE and MOM law is work for 2 weeks or lesser only need to give 24 hrs notice.

You should go to MOM, really. But also depends on what your contract says and whether there is any black-and-white of her agreeing to you leaving immediately.

Good luck!!

Comment

I understand how you feel! I had the same experience before, shitty boss, but my situation a little different. I only worked for less than 2 weeks and cannot take it anymore, boss insisted I give ONE WHOLE MONTH NOTICE and MOM law is work for 2 weeks or lesser only need to give 24 hrs notice.

You should go to MOM, really. But also depends on what your contract says and whether there is any black-and-white of her agreeing to you leaving immediately.

Good luck!!

Comment

ih all ,if the company suppose to give the employee two weeks notice when they terminate the employee service but only inform the employee @ the end of the day to leave , shouldnt they compensate the employee two weeks worth of pay?

Comment

Working...
            X