Forum & Email Etiquette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum & Email Etiquette

Sadly to say alot of people have not acquiried the art of corresponding to email properly... i have come across many people who ask questions or end their sentences with ???? !!!!. I find it so rude to end like that because it sounds like their shouting! At times i just feeling like telling them off... Urgh...

Hey lola, I see a lot of those too. What I really dislike is using CAPS or sms language especially for business emails. Just plain lazy IMO.

Comment

i agree! its plain lazy to use sms language, CAPS for all letters in your correspondances... also i have noticed some people using 'chinese-fied' english in their posts elsewhere... there's nothing really wrong with it but just doesnt look good on the writer because it shows that your language department is failing in some ways...

Comment

another peeve is when they hit the "reply to everyone" button and i'm getting mails from people whom i don't even know.

Comment

i get a lot of CAP emails from my indian clients, no offence but i think they do need some education

they seems to love typing in CAPS!

i replied once asking them "Dear XXX, is your caps button on by mistake?" :roll:

Comment

My friend loves to use CAPS in the whole email message to irritate me. It really hurts the eyes, no joke. Sometimes while chatting with her on MSN, I use caps to irritate her as well.
            I hate it when people hit the 'reply all' button as well. Not only you get messages from the unknown, you tend to get messages that are not directed to you as well. My colleagues love to do that and they always started chatting, that floods my mailbox big time! And imagine I'm off for 2 - 3 days consecutively, I'm going to get one hell of a time clearing the mailbox.

Comment

I CaN't sTaNd StIcKy CaPs. It's like they have a possessive Shift key or something. It makes the words so difficult to read! :roll:

Comment

i cAn'T sTaNd pPle tYpIng lIkE tHiS tOo!
                especially when they type like that in one whole chunk of paragraph!
                i just skip their message and simply move on to the next one.

Comment

I really, really dislike HTML e-mail. Stick to plain text, folks! And yes, I also dislike SMS language and the excessive use of caps and punctuation marks.

Comment

i can't stand PeoPle WhO TypEs thIS Way aS wElL!! they've got too much time on their hands?

and i definitely stand messages with caps lock on! it always makes me feel as if the person is shouting across for fear that i can't get the message..

sms language is only used for people whom i'm close with.. sometimes the laziness of typing gets to me.. but for other people and clients, no sms language allowed! it potrays an unprofessional image.

Comment

oops, i m guilty of using sms language and typing everything in small caps. lazy u c.

but i do it only casually n to buyers n sellers.

but when wrting formally to banks, institutions etc. i write formally with all grammer in place n all.

is sms language really iriitating if it's not a formal email? i might consiering chaging my bad habit then!

Comment

In general, I'm ok with SMS language as long as it's not all over the place. Once or twice is fine.

BuT i GeT rEaLLy aNnOyEd wHeN pEoPLe StArT tO tyPe LiKe ThIs aLL OvEr ThE PLaCe. I'vE gOt a FrIeNd wHo TyPeD LiKe tHaT ThRoUgHoUt HeR bLoG, HoMePaGe AnD HaS EvErYtHiNg iN PiNK. iT iS EXtRemELy DiFfIcULt tO ReAd!

Comment

i agree with u!! esp the last part!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Isis
                            BuT i GeT rEaLLy aNnOyEd wHeN pEoPLe StArT tO tyPe LiKe ThIs aLL OvEr ThE PLaCe. I'vE gOt a FrIeNd wHo TyPeD LiKe tHaT ThRoUgHoUt HeR bLoG, HoMePaGe AnD HaS EvErYtHiNg iN PiNK. iT iS EXtRemELy DiFfIcULt tO ReAd!
                            me too!! abit out of place here but, out of 10 singaporean blogs 1 come across, 60% are all typing like that!! Even worse, me = mie, like = ****, OMG!!!!! Whats wrong with their spelling!!!

no offense to those tt type this way, its alright it's a word or two but when the whole paragraph is filled with warped spelling it's kind of irritating.
                            Last edited by aeon410; 29-12-2004, 10:28 AM.

Comment

sms language belong in sms texts. Enough said.

Comment

Working...
                              X