Polytechnics in SG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polytechnics in SG

taking back o level results this year...still dunno what course to take in poly.
    Was thinking of digital entertainment tech or digital media design at nyp. But i heard it takes up lots of time and lots of students change course after 1 year...is it true?
    what u gals think of business informatics or multimedia infor tech?
    Last edited by aika; 10-02-2005, 03:00 PM.

I'm also interested in this field, but possibly not going to any of the polytechnics...

I think DMD @ NYP is a good course! Because this diploma is very welcome in the industry in comparison to other similar diplomas. And here's this... ALL diplomas take up alot of your time. Even the ulu ones like mine are not slack. I just heard that you have to keep drawing and drawing. If you like drawing, I think you can make it.

I feel that business informatics is too specialized, and multimedia infotech too general. But then again I don't know much about biz info, and perhaps a general diploma would get you a job easier? Dunno sia. :Doh:

Comment

Hi there!

Please refrain from the use of SMS short-forms, non-standard spelling, and Singlish expressions in your posts. CozyCot is a place where people from all over the world meet and share information. It makes for easy understanding for everyone by typing out your words properly, for example, 'just' and 'friends' instead of "j u z" and "frens"respectively. This has been outlined in our Bulletin Forum Rules #5. Please edit your post accordingly.

Thank you for understanding.

Your friendly neighbourhood moderator

Comment

DET is a new course in NYP i supposed. so you can't conclude students opt out after year 1. in fact, i see student opt out of present course to apply for that course.

IMO, design course in NYP do have good prospect but heard from my friend that you really had to work very hard cause it's mostly based on project. meaning you got to have lots of creativity.

Comment

urgent help needed!

my friend did not achieve at least a D7 for english, and is very worried she can't get her diploma. Is there anything she could do like appeal or what?

Comment

luv_shan: Is it a retake? If not, there are some courses which allows D7 English for admission. Go to poly sites to take a look at the admission requirements! If it is a retake, yes I believe an appeal is possible.

Comment

D7 for English, unless the whole cohort did as bad, it's pretty hard for your friend to get into the more popular courses like Business, Accounting etc. During my time (199, my friend got a C6 for English and she's only got into her 8th choice, an engineering course. Depends on the COP of the course also.

Comment

erh.. she's graduating this april. in fact, she appeal into poly and had sign this agreement to pass Os english with at least D7 before grad. if not, she would not get her dip cert.
                and so, she had not achieve a D7 for eng.

Comment

Which polytechnic should I go?

Hi cotters!!

I'm in a major dilemna now. Have to apply for a school through JAE(joint-admission ex) by monday. I need some advice on which polytechnic to choose to pursue a Business Diploma.

I'm now studying in an average junior college for first three months and have decided that a polytechnic education would be more suitable for me. I've narrowed down my options to Ngee Ann and S'pore Poly. I stay in the east so I've to take into consideration e travelling time too. So SP may be more convenient for me. But I've heard that NP is better in Business.

I'll like to further my studies in a local uni after i graduate frm poly...so i need to make a good choice of school now... can't seem to decide.

Pls Help! SP or NP is better?Thanks in advance!

Comment

SP.. SP is more recognised cos its e best poly in sg

Comment

I don't believe that a poly can be somewhat the "best"... Because each poly is different in specialty. For e.g. TP is best for design, etc. For business it would be Ngee Ann Poly. SP is more known for IT (?) or Engineering, don't remember.
                      Last edited by Pynkalita; 05-03-2005, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Pynkalita,

Please refrain from the use of SMS short-forms, non-standard spelling, and Singlish expressions in your posts. CozyCot is a place where people from all over the world meet and share information. It makes for easy understanding for everyone by typing out your words properly, for example, 'just' and 'friends' instead of "j u z" and "frens"respectively. This has been outlined in our Bulletin Forum Rules #5. Please edit your post accordingly.

Thank you for understanding.

Your friendly neighbourhood moderator

Comment

Hey Pynkalita and Esined, thanks for responding!
                          I've somehow decided to go SP because of its accessibility. and Sp dont have to bring a laptop to school. HaHa.

Havent submitted the JAE form though... now pondering if i should take accountancy or Biz Admin. Is accountancy very tough to study and make it in the future? :eh:

Comment

I heard that there's alot of problems with the JAE system... Good luck.

Well, whether accountancy is difficult or not depends on your interest... but I suggest that if you want to take this course, you'll have to go ACCA too after graduation (I think most employers prefer ACCA graduates). Accountancy is also kind of saturated in the market, in my opinion... Business admin is more general/all-rounded. All in all, it depends on your interest. :D

Comment

why not you take into consideration the polys nearer to you? which part of the east do you stay in? travelling kills, seriously. I ought to know because i stay in Clementi(which is like, west west) and i go to tampines(which is really east east) everyday. The travelling kills me! I spend 3 hours every single day travelling to and fro. It gets me so much that i dont feel like going to school some times in the morning.
                              I thought NP is best known for its Mass Comm.. and NYP business? not really sure about business courses!

Comment

Working...
                              X