Career with MediaCorp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Career with MediaCorp

I thought of working at mediacorp after i finish my degree. I was thinking of the job assistant producer or Programme Liaison Executive. Anyone has worked in mediacorp before? How is the working environment or the work load? Care to share your experience?

I am suppose to state my expected salary in my resume. For a fresh degree graduate with only experience in marketing firm, what is the reasonable amount of salary should I expect?

PLease Help!
    TIA

To be honest, I've never heard anything good from friends who have stints at Mediacorp. You get rather shitty pay and shitty schedule unless you're some scholar. Working at mediacorp might look good in your resume though.

Try other production companies? Two Oceans? Oak Tree?

Comment

my job is such that i get to interact with pple from mediacorp and it seems that with such a turn over, it can't be a very good place.

but if you are starting out, why not try it out. Do dirty jobs for a year or 2 and advance to something better.

good luck and have lots of fun!

Comment

Oh my... how much then should i state for my expected salary in my resume?

Where can i find info of the companies u stated, Oak Tree and 2 Oceans?

Comment

Just ask for market rate starting pay. Don't quote too low.

http://www.twooceans.com.sg/

can try right angle too: http://www.rightangle.com.sg/

Can't find oak tree info though.

Comment

Have a friend working with MediaCorp.

Also a fresh grad, with Business degree. Accounts Exec if i'm not wrong. Seems like she's very busy with work. Alot of OT and entertaining with clients, but I think she's enjoying her job cos her colleagues are fun people. Salary and incentives (include hp and transport allowance from what i know) seems not too bad.

However, she was telling me the the overall environment can be a bit...

Also, different departments means working with different people and some other departments may have very different working conditions. So maybe it depends on your luck too.

Comment

as with all big companies, it depends on the department you're working in... in terms of salary, production work doesn't pay well in general. unless you freelance and take on a lot of jobs i think

Comment

retrieving this thread.
                anyone knows how's the marketing dept there is like?
                and how to get to mediacorp? is it very far away?

Comment

not far, you can take bus 157 from toa payoh bus interchange, alight at the bustop beside the mediacorp signboard, 10-15mins ride, or you can take a cab from toa payoh for $3.50

Comment

Bumping up this thread. I have a job offer from Mediacorp, which I'm considering now. It's not for a creative position (e.g. producer) but rather, it's more of a sales and marketing position.

Anyone has experience working in Mediacorp and can share on the job prospects, advancement opportunities, salary increments etc? A million thanks!

Comment

Both a relative and friend of mine has left (not in sales and marketing) but let's just say they were holding corporate office positions.

Generally, not a fantastic paymaster (average bonuses and increment) and if you desire faster progression, advisable to move out after spending a couple of years in the organisation.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam View Post
                        Bumping up this thread. I have a job offer from Mediacorp, which I'm considering now. It's not for a creative position (e.g. producer) but rather, it's more of a sales and marketing position.

Anyone has experience working in Mediacorp and can share on the job prospects, advancement opportunities, salary increments etc? A million thanks!
                        what is the job scope you're being offered all about?

Comment

Moonbeam: is the job in NRP (News Radio Print), TV or Publishing? Mediacorp is generally a very political company, so you must be prepared. However, they do have good perks (e.g. high pay) so do decide which is more important to you.

Comment

It's for TV.

Salary offer is ok, but I'm hesitant cos unsure about aspects of career development, advancement and pay increment. Actually I'm in the civil service now, hence I'm unfamiliar with the increment and bonuses that private sector usually offer. What is the norm?

Comment

Ah, TV. Servicing agencies or clients? Career development is not too bad; you can work up from Account Manager to Account Director in just a few years (at least that's the case for the fella servicing my company's account). Your sales commission is usually quite good because each sale is quite a hefty sum.

Bonuses are considerable as well, cuz the TV industry is a pretty much a monopoly.

Watch your step when you first join, and take extra care about joining cliques.

Comment

Working...
                              X