X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be a hairdresser

Hello All...

i need advise & help...

I'm workin as admin now and i had work for this company for 4 and the half year. Take a gross salary @ $1200. I only have a N level. Working for this company - everyday doing the same thing.. Lady boss is good to me but the pay is too little.

After 4 and half years this come to my mind, if this company close or dont wan me. what should i do. without a skill now like very hard to stay at this world. My english is poor. I'm lucky that i have this company which want me until now. So i'm taking a course which is hairdressing. So do u think in spore a hairdresser can make it? I really dunno what i want sometime. i scared this scared that... Really sick of myself.. feel very down!

edited sms language.
    Last edited by JS; 28-02-2005, 10:47 AM.

Maybe you should upgrade yourself, like taking part-time classes or learning extra skills (computer or IT). You also need to go for lessons and obtained a certificate for hair-dressing as well , before you can find a job in that area. Unless you want to work as shampoo girl or a hairdresser under those hdb block, which i doubt they would pay you more than what you are earning now. I have a friend from malaysia who got paid only $850 per month, working as a hairdresser at a HDB hair salon. What about consdering yourself a job in the retail sales sector?

Comment

scrambyjess: please refrain from using SMS language.

if you're interested in hairdressing, why not sign up at Dover ITE? their course are cheaper compare to direct sign-up at kimage or jean yip etc.
      You'll be send to salon for training and the certificate you obtained is recognize. rather at an unknown centre.

i actually thought of taking up the course but find myself lack of creativity.
      an alternative would be taking up beauty course. it's rather ex but you can work free-lance.
      do check out other thread for beauty/stylist course.

IMO, it's quite profitable to be a stylist. even when economy is bad, people still needs a haircut. but all this depends on your skills. if you're good, the sign of customer coming back will be high.

or like what aries says, find a job in retail sales? if you're not confident in your english, find one that require english is not a MUST. and start off from there. exposed more to the public and you'll slowly pick up your language. this's what i do.

Comment

hi gals...

I'm new to here so i dont know how to use the program over here...

luv_shan u say: please refrain from using SMS language.
        How to change it? i cant found this! sorry! pls help stupid gal!!! heehee...

Yes, i sure need to go for the hairdresser course..

I went to a talk on Friday abt hairdressing course. the school name is Shunji Matsuo. They also have saloon. the course fee is abt 9K. So i need to save money for that cos they only have full time, course timing is 10 am to 5 pm, mon to fri. I'm very happy to found this school.. cos i read the forum abt shunji.. sound very good that why i go find more abt them.. Lucky i saw the forum here.. Thks!!
        Last edited by JS; 28-02-2005, 10:05 AM.

Comment

This is an OLD forum.. But still ...

Since young, i like to use scissor to cut my mother and younger sister's hairs. Even though, the cut is not that good but at least it is presentable. hahahaha...

I always wanted to learn hairstyling or hairdressing course but i was forbidden to do so as my father dont like. As i grew older (now 26yrs old), i realised i still wan to continue my interest. But do you think i am too old to learn?

Comment

Originally posted by shanqi

Since young, i like to use scissor to cut my mother and younger sister's hairs. Even though, the cut is not that good but at least it is presentable. hahahaha...

I always wanted to learn hairstyling or hairdressing course but i was forbidden to do so as my father dont like. As i grew older (now 26yrs old), i realised i still wan to continue my interest. But do you think i am too old to learn?
            iT'S nvr too late as long as you have the peseverance. I have friends who starts late too.

Comment

Originally posted by shanqi

iT'S nvr too late as long as you have the perseverance. I have friends who starts late too.

Comment

prisfootprints: thank for ur encouragement. i will look out for course once i finished my course now...

Comment

hi JS.

im interested in d hairdressing course.

but it's far too ex for me la. still a student.
                  gonna earn more money first.

so when r u goin for the coursed?

keep me updated k?

thanks./

Comment

XXX hairdressing school

I'm thinking to take Hairdressing course. But don't know want to take Full Diploma Level or Full Certificate Level...

Full Diploma Course. Duration: 1440hrs. School fee: 9K plus.
                    Full Certificate Course. Duration: 720hrs. School fee: 5K plus.

Pls give me some opinion....
                    Last edited by Jeslyn79; 31-03-2007, 10:01 PM.

Comment

i think you need to consider what hairdressing school you want to go to, because it may be possible to get a cheaper course.

And for the certificate versus diploma, it depends on what the course syllabus is and what job you wish to do after the course. If you don't mind starting out small, then maybe you won't need to know as much as a diploma holder.

Comment

i think it depends on what you want to do after the hairdressing course?
                        IMO, i dont think the courses should cost that much!
                        from my aunt tells me (she's a hairdresser), experience counts more than any course as you learn the basics from practical experience.

Comment

Originally posted by soliloquy3 View Post
                          i think it depends on what you want to do after the hairdressing course?
                          IMO, i dont think the courses should cost that much!
                          from my aunt tells me (she's a hairdresser), experience counts more than any course as you learn the basics from practical experience.
                          Then if i'm only take Module 1-4, is it okay? M1-4 only study basic of hairdressing.
                          M1-4 course fee is: 3k++

Certificate and Diploma are taking the same Nitec certificate, the different is certificate from the school given. School certificate got use or not?

Comment

after completing the exams for module 1 to 4, u will be getting Nitec(Intermediate) in Hairstyling from ITE, which is like half a cert. for these 4 modules, u will be learning mainly on short hairstyles only. only upon completion of the exams for modules 5 to 8, which will touch on long hairstyles and men's cut IIRC, u will then be given Nitec in Hairstyling. but normally the price for taking up the full module 1 to 8 course is cheaper than taking it separately. but i believe u could talk to the school abt taking up the 1st 4 modules 1st, and if u r really interested, continue the final 4 by paying the difference only.

Comment

I'm also thinking to take full cartificate course, but if i'm can't pass the exam how? because when i'm sign up the course, then i'm need to pay the course fees already.. So i'm thinking to take M1-M4 first, see whether i have talent or not, then i decide to continue M5-M8 or not..

Comment

Working...
                              X