Jobs in Great Demand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobs in Great Demand

What jobs are now in great demand in the market? What "hot jobs" are there?

Just pondering about it and hoping that someone would know...
    Tourism and hospitality
    25.91%
    Finance
    31.09%
    IT/ cyber technology
    8.29%
    Biogentics/ healthcare
    15.03%
    petroleum
    15.54%
    semi-con/ engineering
    4.15%

i'm interested to know too...but there's no definite answer? hahah.....or nobody's willing to make a general remark? nevermind just chip in your ? hee

Comment

There's an article on this in Her World march issue. Maybe you can flip through to have a rough idea?

Comment

It seems to me that nurses are always in demand, locally and overseas.

Comment

eh thats true! artichoke

Comment

yes!! i too think that nurse is an iron rice bowl career! regret not taking it last time.... heard from my aunt who is nurse, said that there are alot of foregin nurses treat singapore as a stepping board to get employment oversea - UK.

Comment

Yep I agree with the nursing education and those in the life Sciences field. So many new strains of diseases and resurfacing "extinct" diseases as such Polio. The research field is in demand as well.

Comment

Life science jobs are for the creme of the crop sadly. My batch consist of 600 LS graduates most of whom had left the field because of the shortage of jobs availabe. Alot of my friends end up in teaching or SIA.

Forgot to add in sales and marketing
                Last edited by linggy; 10-06-2005, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Wow, didnt know that. Yeah teaching is very hot too. I just realised that most of my faciliators are all foriegn talents. Where's the jobs for us?

Comment

erm...audit line...always in great demand...

Comment

My personal take is not to see what jobs are hot, but to see what jobs you can do and are willing to do. Whenever we talk about hot jobs, we look at high-profile ones but the reality is that there are many many jobs in the market that sounds boring or uninteresting, and yet are very stable in terms of pay and employment.

For example, MNCs have large administration departments handling stuff like order and contract admin, purchasing, accounts etc. It's admin and sounds blah but these jobs are always there and they are not unchallenging! Some of the toughest women I met are in order admin and they have seen all sorts of situations and solved many global logistics issues!

Comment

Best industry to work in?

Which industry do u think is the best to work in? Reasons maybe due to high bonuses, excellent staff welfare, high increments, long annual leave, or maybe the industry is growing etc..

Comment

hmm...now got this thing still on going? high bonous, welfare together? I think not many. Hardly see it now. I think that the empolyment trend is similar with what is happening in UK and US long ago. Temp, contract, and short term contract. Iron rice bowl? better benefit->police/teacher/old regulars?One of my frds under police force already over $2K++ and i am still struggling. ****.

Yeah, can see from the papers that nurses are hot. Opportunities for overseas employment is high, but the job is tough. Have to be patient with the sick patients,bath them, etc..basically like a maid. But it is educated. :roll: Plus, long hours and rotating shift. hmm...

Comment

haha yes, auditors are always in demand too. u should really be frighten if u dont get a job before u graduate if ure an accountancy degree holder. haha

Comment

Ya..but why is it so? But there are pools of accountancy graduates...right?

Comment

Working...
                              X