Last day of work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last day of work

What should i tell my boss at my last day of work before i leave? I just wanna make it short, sweet and fast. Finally, this day is coming soon. Horray~!! Not too sure what to say as this is my 1st permanent job and also my first formal resignation too. Ladies, pls help.

Something like Thank you and Keep in touch?
    Are you close to your boss?

Comment

Nope. In fact, we seldom talk. Thats y i dont know what to say to him.

Comment

Well, in my company. When someone leaves, He/she will write a email to everyone including all the big bosses saying something like it is a pleasure to work with everyone ... blah blah blah...then finally...add in your email or tel contacts to keep in touch.

Comment

"thanks for the guidance during my stay here. thanks and keep in touch."

do shake hands with him too
          i think it is not your boss, but i think it is only polite to say thanks to everyone, regardless of the kind of working relationship you have with the people.

personally, i try not to email unless i left on a bad note.
          glad to say it hasnt actually happened yet.

Comment

I think for my case because i work in a big company. That's why we can't personally meet up with everyone. But within the department, will try to have farewell lunch. When i say big bosses is really those from director or vice president level.

Comment

you can say anything positive and remember nothing that is negative!! because you will never know if thoes "negative remarks" that you gave will affect your future employment or not.

Comment

I think even if it's VP level, as long as he knows your name, you should say something rather than just "vanish". Coz it looks bad for him if he is not on top of all staff movement. It's just courtesy imho.

My direct boss is not very good with handling leaving staff. I have been here one year plus, 4 people have left/are leaving and he also don't know how to deal with it socially. He gives the feeling he's unhappy. Can't imagine when my time comes.

Comment

i would usually send a goodbye email to all..those close managers..i would just talk to them and say im going and thank you, etc...words just come out naturally...cause you are just so happy that it's your last day...

Comment

Seriously I dun think anyone should specially prepare a speech for your last day of work. Everything should be in a peaceful & casual mode. Just make a point to thank those important people (i.e. direct superior, close colleagues, etc) who have made your time there fulfilling and enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Winkie
                      Seriously I dun think anyone should specially prepare a speech for your last day of work. Everything should be in a peaceful & casual mode. Just make a point to thank those important people (i.e. direct superior, close colleagues, etc) who have made your time there fulfilling and enjoyable.

yah i will agree. Short, simple and sweet, don't be overly dramatic.

Comment

here's what i usually do when i leave a company:

write a short note to send to everybody including the bosses.
                        then i'll buy some tea break food to treat the whole team.
                        usually my colleagues will have something to ready for me as well...farewell gift etc..
                        simple gestures will do i guess.. at least it's not embarassing if we happen to cross our paths again in future..

Comment

I think normally is just write an email to the whole company and then that's it.

Comment

Last Day at Work

Hi guys, how is your last day at work?
                            Do you prepare something for your colleagues or your close friend at office?

I dunno what to prepare for them?
                            Maybe chocolates?

Comment

Originally posted by misa_sakiyurai View Post
                              Hi guys, how is your last day at work?
                              Do you prepare something for your colleagues or your close friend at office?

I dunno what to prepare for them?
                              Maybe chocolates?
                              Hmm...
                              I actually took my colleague out for a meal since Thursday is my last day in my lab. Going for a new job too.
                              I think chocolate will be good idea too.

Comment

Working...
                              X