non-office jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• non-office jobs

besides outdoor sales, i cant think of any jobs that do not usually require me to be in an office the whole day..
    i hate being stuck in the office and staring at compute screen
    i will grow mad!

I think there are many others. e.g retail sales, flight attendent, teaching, delivery, construction line,

Comment

Outbound tour guide?

Comment

depends on what u are interested in really!

Comment

Insurance agent! Love my work! I *** hate being stuck in the office and facing comp all day! I love meeting ppl and enjoy working/shopping at the same time. haha

Comment

hmm.. mortgage loans? thats what i'm doing now. I love my job!!! you can run away from the office, talk to lots of people and best of all.. if you are free.. you can go shopping.. haha.. but dont get caught.

Cons? the stress level as every month you will have targets to hit, you will entertain people and get sick of it, you will be face with customers from hell........

Comment

Hi Supp, i am thinking of going into this line as well but am afraid I won't be able to hit the target. May I ask how you get the clients? Is it through own contacts or company's referral? And may i know if your company has any vacancies??

Comment

all the loans you get are through agents contact. Which means you have to network and build your own network of agents who will refer their business to you. tough ah? ok la.. if you can take stress and enjoy networking with people then you should be fine. My bank currently not looking but i do know that other banks like UOB & HSBC is looking. you can actually put in an online application for the job. eh.. job title varies.. just look out for the description. =)

Comment

Originally posted by wheekwheek
                  Outbound tour guide?
                  What are the qualifications to be an outbound tour guide?

ETA: Found what I needed.
                  Last edited by xiaozhu85; 26-10-2005, 10:10 PM.

Comment

my job is not office bound...but lab bench bound hahaha

Comment

i think being an insurance agent is somewhat like sales too.

try events management. u do stay in the office, but u wouldnt be staying there all the time. u need to move out of the office to hotels n convention centres n all to coordinate stuff.

Comment

sales coordinator @ hotel? those station in the office, but you're on the move most of the time, meeting clients. that's what my frd do.

what about property agent? not those selling apartment one, but rather renting and lease. god for part time.

or my job, as a project coordinator/engineer in the engineering line, work in office but travel around very often for production and meeting customer.

btw, what qualification and cert are you holding. without these info, it's difficult for cotters to recommend.

Comment

for property agent, like what shan said, doing renting and lease .. what requirements do they need?
                          part time as in ?

Comment

dont think they need any qualification, those managers will help you i suppose and then later, you will need to go for some kind of test for qualification to work independently. since i work in a office now, i am thinking of getting an bound job hehe

Comment

Working...
                            X