Study Loans & Scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Loans & Scholarships

Does anyone knows which are the banks that offers study loans ?
    What about scholarships?
    I will be going to a private school in July and the fees is really high. So hoping to get a loan from the bank or something. :roll:
    Last edited by Chibibambi; 05-07-2005, 02:08 AM.

ride on your thread! me too looking for one! sponsor/loans/scholarships for ACCA?

NTUC income used to have...

SAFRA still has it now - full sponsorship for ACCA course, but too bad, i can never be a SAFRA member

Comment

xgirl, i'm sure other cotters from uni should be able to help you. btw, raffles lasalle is a private instituition right? not government...there's still study loan from banks? i'm not too sure, just wondering. i thought normally bank dont provide loans for private instituition

Comment

I though Safra is open to public to join as member ?

anyway replying to the topic, U can apply loan from May Bank and City Bank.. these two not so strict compared to HSBC or DBS...

I had my study loan from May Bank...good luck !

Comment

SAFRA only for SAF personnels....you can apply as a spouse or child, but not entitled to the sponsorships.....

Comment

Wow girls , thanx for your replies
            I called up dbs yesterday. They only have study loans for govt based schools. So no hope on that. :Doh:
            Will try may / City bank later on and see what they say. ( fingers X )

Comment

hey let me know if they allow for private instituition ya? me too wanna apply for bank loan if possible...

Comment

Citibank Loan...anybody know of this/ taking this up? any comments on this?

http://www.citibank.com.sg/portal/ci...amevar1=workID

Actually how does bank loan works? please help! TIA

Comment

i heard my frenz talking bout Citibank's study loan..
                  maybe you can check it out..

Comment

how does the bank loan works? do you start your repayment when you are still studying or you pay only after you have completed the course of your study?

Comment

But the interest will be very high right? city bank... yeah. start paying after ur studies... hai.. my results are not good. if not easily can get scolarship like how my friends did.. so sad..
                      but scholarship is like.. u dun anyhow take. cos after studies, you will work in that company for YEARS !!!

Comment

You can try HSBC study loan...just applied for it for my brother's overseas study....just get your parents to apply it for you...minimum annual salary is $30,000...check out the website for more details..

Downside : you gotta starting paying for the loan when the bank disburse the money to you...

Comment

Originally posted by reettitude
                          how does the bank loan works? do you start your repayment when you are still studying or you pay only after you have completed the course of your study?
                          If you are a local undergrad then you can apply for study loan from the local banks like DBS, UOB and OCBC....the repayment of the loans start after you graduate...other study loan from like HSBC will start the repayment once they disburse the money to you for your school fees....hope this is useful...

Comment

Are there any places that offer loans for UK study (aside from the banks' overseas study loans)? TIA!

Comment

You can try RHB bank too.
                              They have the option for you to repay the loan after you graduate. Not sure if the interest rate will be higher.

Here's the Link

Hi enchante, are you going to the UK to study too? I'm going this Aug. And am also looking for places that offer loans..

If you have insurance, you can get the loan from the insurance co. but it's not advisable.

Oh by the way, you might already know this, you can go to HSBC SIN to open an a/c at HSBC UK. It will save you some time. Opening bank a/cs at the UK, I heard, is a long process.....

Comment

Working...
                              X