Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing/Communication

any cotters in this industry?

can u share more about what is required to work in this field and what is the jobscope like?

also, what's the market situation like right now? am thinking of switching field into marcom but has no relevant experience as yet.

Jobs related to mass comm

What exactly do Mass Comm people do?

Comment

eh... reporters , DJs , journalist . I guess it's almost everything that has got to do with the media.

Comment

drama teachers, language teachers

Comment

hi.. i'm from mass comm myself.. we can actually do quite a bit of things.

events management, marketing, public relations, journalism, advertising, radio, television (production crew), photography or even going into acting.. these are just a few of the many jobs out there..

HTHs!

Comment

this industry seem to be very interesting. do one have to have experience before he/she can get a job in it?

Comment

im a mass commer but not sure of what jobs are there for me other than the usual Djs, journalist which i dun think im suitable

Comment

I did Mass Comm in my poly days too....and I'm in advertising now. In fact, a lot of people from my batch are in advertising, PR and journalism now. A few went into mainstream broadcast like TV and Radio.

Comment

oh... how's advertising like?

Comment

Advertising's fun and exciting and you need to have lots of passion for brands and interesting ideas...but of course there are days when its "too exciting" - tight deadlines, difficult clients, etc. Then again, it's about the same in other industries.

Comment

Advertising has no life too

There are many areas for comms grads, but it is also the "frills", so during tough times, the dept will be one of the first to close. So be prepared for that
                      Last edited by silvercloud; 12-04-2005, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah... My lecturer told us to be prepared to have "no life" if we want to go into the ad industry... lolx! Witchery... What's your job scope? Your position in the comp?

Comment

actually since school times already no life! to add on... there's also different aspects of film making... like script writing, editing, production....

actually i would say mass comm has lots of prospects but it's also dependent on your own interests.

there are also those who end up doing stuff no really related to what is studied.

Comment

Originally posted by appleyee
                            Yeah... My lecturer told us to be prepared to have "no life" if we want to go into the ad industry... lolx! Witchery... What's your job scope? Your position in the comp?
                            I'm in Account Servicing..thus the frequent complaints about clients to my friends! Essentially, an account servicing person takes the brief from the client, discuss / brainstorm with the creatives (copywriter, art directors, etc), make presentation / sell ideas to the client and provide overall co-ordination of the campaign. There's a lot of brief writing, report writing and co-ordination work.

In an ad agency, there's plenty of job opportunities for mass comm grads. You can be a copywriter, account servicing person or even the traffic....it all depends on your interest, personality and aptitude.

Comment

wow... sounds like an all rounder... haha u are from poly or uni?

Comment

Working...
                              X