Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Payback Salary

HI Gals,

just wondering if any of you have given 24hrs notice to your company and paid them back.

Do we pay back the salary based on gross or nett salary??
    What is the correct way to calculate pay back amounts??

I have given notice (but not 24 hrs) and paid back salary. There shouldn't be any difference. The amount is based on gross salary, before CPF deduction. Does your company allow you to clear unutilised leave? If so, the amount to pay back will be lower.

Comment

Esther, i have ever come across the new hiring company paying the existing company that you work for. You know the 1 month notice period that most of us have to give when we tender? The hiring company actually pays your company that 1 month salary to make up for that notice period, so that you can start work immediately with the hiring company without the need to serve that notice period.

Maybe u can check if STB can do the same for you.

Hmm.. hope i'm clear enough.

Comment

You should just pay the base pay (nett - before CPF contribution). HR should let you know the exact amount to pay in writing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ann
          I have given notice (but not 24 hrs) and paid back salary. There shouldn't be any difference. The amount is based on gross salary, before CPF deduction. Does your company allow you to clear unutilised leave? If so, the amount to pay back will be lower.
          this really depends on company's practices. Certain companies do allow the employee to clear their leave before they leave. Yes, the amount owing to the company will be lower.

Comment

Working...
          X