Event Companies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Companies

Hey girls, i'm just wondering if anyone of you have contacts of event companies.. cause i feel like joining these event companies so as to earn some extra money during my school days as well as holidays.. Please help me in this!

Check out today's issue of TODAY. Saw an advert by en event company, looking for students on holiday for events. Can't remember details, was just flipping through. Good luck!

Comment

you mean like events in Expo etc?

Comment

yep! like working for certain events and roadshows..

Comment

maybe u can try searching for events companies under classified n give them a call to enquire for temp positinos.

Comment

is a degree necessary for an event co-ordinator?

Comment

Originally posted by Priscillia
              is a degree necessary for an event co-ordinator?
              from the adverts, not all require degree. =)

Comment

i am quite interested in a related field job. but i dont have a degree.. v often came across the papers n they require a degree cert. what kind of cert will b most relevant -marketing cert?

Comment

You can send in your resume to Unusual Productions if you're interested in doing stuff like concerts. Visit their website at http://www.unusual.com.sg

Comment

thanks for that.. but i cant change jobs now. will keep a close tag on it.. keke!

Comment

Hey Priscilla..
                      I don't think a degree is needed for an event co-ordinator.(full time ) The job scope involves creativity to come up with proposals and quite importantly sales because you have to pitch and sell your proposals and lastly execution for the projects.
                      At least that is what i see from my SO's company.. he's and his partner owns the company and they were hiring quite a number of stuff last month. Try searching jobstreet or jobdb?
                      If you're talking about just event coordinator per event basis then no experience is needed. That's what i do when i'm free and they need manpower... coz i'll be there to watch him host his shows anyway.
                      Yep... HTHs... i'm interested in the line of events too.... perhaps that's what i'll do what i grad next year.

Comment

To be able to work in an event company, you do not need to have a degree. You need to be very hardworking and outgoing. Working in event company usually means very long working hours. From my experiences, it can be as bad as 9am - 4am the next day. I even have records of being on site at the event for 1-2 weeks. Therefore it means that not going home to sleep.
                        The "normal" working hours are from 9am - 10pm everyday for my case.

Despite the long hours, event companies usually / almost always underpaid their staff.

But I have enjoyed myself thoroughly while working for an event company for a year. It is a very enriching experience. If you can survive in an event company, you can almost survive anywhere. It is really fun but you probably will burn out fast too.

Comment

After hearing what Bashful has mentioned, I'm quite interested to switch field now. In fact, I wasn't happy with my current job. Sits in the office whole day, doing nothing most of the time.
                          Later will start searching for more info on this.

Comment

Originally posted by go66ess
                            Hey Priscilla..
                            I don't think a degree is needed for an event co-ordinator.(full time ) The job scope involves creativity to come up with proposals and quite importantly sales because you have to pitch and sell your proposals and lastly execution for the projects.
                            At least that is what i see from my SO's company.. he's and his partner owns the company and they were hiring quite a number of stuff last month. Try searching jobstreet or jobdb?
                            If you're talking about just event coordinator per event basis then no experience is needed. That's what i do when i'm free and they need manpower... coz i'll be there to watch him host his shows anyway.
                            Yep... HTHs... i'm interested in the line of events too.... perhaps that's what i'll do what i grad next year.
                            oh go66ess.. haha! in future if i want to find jobs in this field can approach u ... keke~

Comment

Helpp

Hello girls! I've been interested in the events management industry. Especially wedding planning, and music events.

I'm supposed to take my 'O's this year, but for some personal reasons I'm taking a break. So I'd like to intern at an events company. I don't mind doing the unglam stuff or having low pay, just want to get some experience. Any companies to recommend?

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X