Web Designing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Web Designing

Hi, anybody know of any school teaching basic web designing courses?

My boss wanna send me for the course so that I can design and maintain the company's website. But I need to source for one myself and hopefully something that is recognise so it will also look nice on my CV. Opps...hope my boss dont hear this

Me being IT idiot :Doh: , know nuts about web desiging....do u think I can really take a course and know how to do it after completing the course?

Pls help if you can.....

how about nafa? or Lasalle SIA?

Comment

there is one computer school @ selegie complex. can't remeber the school name, but some companies do send their employees there for training cos' the courses prices are reasonable.

Comment

Some CCs have courses and NTUC also offers very inexpensive computer courses that are excellent value.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback , looks like I need to make some phonecalls....

anyone actually attended such course?

Comment

Not web designing or HTML but I attended one by NTUC on building / maintenance of your own PC. Very organized and excellent value (paid around $80 at the time when outside private schools were charging over $300). I later also did one on home networking which was also very good. HTH!

Comment

You might want to try informatics?

If you are interested, you can also visit this website, teaches basic HTML. Look under Premiers. Doesn't require any software, only uses Notepad.
              http://htmlgoodies.com

But if you attend courses, most likely you will be taught web design using Microsoft Frontpage or Macromedia Dreamweaver. They are a quicker way to creating a webpage with all their drag and drop tools. Might want to pay a visit to the library. Lots of step by step elementary guides to those software

HTH

Comment

does macromedia dreamweaver need to have knowlege of C+ programming?
                sorry, i know nothing of website designing. Have plan to take up beginner course after my exam. =)

Thanks!

Comment

hi,

the school i mentioned is genetic computer school at selegie. not too sure is it good, but i heard that the course fee is reasonable. My frz sometimes send her staff over there for training.

hths

Comment

Originally posted by wheekwheek
                    does macromedia dreamweaver need to have knowlege of C+ programming?
                    sorry, i know nothing of website designing. Have plan to take up beginner course after my exam. =)

Thanks!
                    wheekwheek, you do not need C++ programming to handle macromedia dreamweaver. If you are mainly going for beginner's course on web design, they would teach you on very basic HTML codings and probably the simple functions/features of the software itseld, 'cause it's basically a WYSIWYG software. Only when you go for a more advance or intermediate course, depending on their course structure, then they would perhaps introduce DHTML or different scriptings to enhance a site. Scripting and languages involves mostly ASP, Javascript, VBScript etc, but never C++, it's not a web language.

HTHs!

Comment

Whoa, so many choices, actually my company receive quite a lot of faxes from genetic computers. they even have SDF grants....like what u say, don't know good or not.

So scared of those computer courses which spend one whole lesson just to teach you how to press a few buttons. Can be bored to death....I think I better go library to check it out.

Any recommendations on books? What software or title should I be looking out for???

Comment

Working...
                      X