Manicurist's Pay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manicurist's Pay?

i would like to ask whats the average pay for a part-time manicurist? it is because i was finding a job for manicurist. there's this shop which offer $4 per hour for me.. i find the pay a bit too low.. so i'm considering.. i have to give the ans by today.. i've no experience in it..

too low imo. any commission for each job taken & completed?

Comment

yes.. 10% after i've done with my training.. though i'm desperate for jobs.. but the pay is too low.. i'm looking for long term job.. so $4 per hour for a long term job is too low for **

Comment

u have interest in this line or u r purely looking for temp job to tide u over the period?

Comment

interest plus job needed... hmm.. coz i oways wanted to learn about nail art n all.. how to do proper nail.. how to do nice nail art.. so i would like to make manicurist as my long term part time job.. i understand that i needed to stay long for the job as i can't just "run away" after they have trained **.. but no one still telling ** whats the average pay for it..
          i have to give the ans by today.. or maybe anyone would like to hire **?

Comment

i think most of them here are not in this line so they are unable to give u a proper answer to your question. do u want to give this job a try?maybe after picking up the skill, u can negotiate for higher pay

Comment

4 per hour? That's really little.. I don't know what manicurists get paid, but jobs that don't require training and skills can fetch even 5/hr!

Comment

just curious... to be a part time manicurists need any certifcate? or they will give u the necessay training?

Comment

$4's a little too low.... but u need to think that thay are actually training u as well..... if u go for course also need money.... now they are giving u money to learn.... condition is that u got to work for them after ur training... think again dear

Comment

$4 per hour is ridiculous imo.I've seen some ads in the papers seeking manicurists,starting at $1800-$2300.No experience required and training is provided! However,that is for 12-hour long days... :roll: go figure the hourly rate.

Comment

i rejected the job.. cause i think i'm finding a long term job.. geting 4dollars for a job is pathetic.. i have to work very hard for that little money.. i ask the person that after i'm confirmed and trained.. will my pay increase? but the person just skip my question and answer my other question

Comment

well i i think $4 per hour is way too little. i'm working as part-time manicurist n i'm earning $6 per hour. i dont have any certificates but u just need relevant experience. if u r confident enough to boast ur skill, even though u have not much experience, then i think the boss would definitely consider hiring u. i've been working in this line for 6 years. after comparing pays from nail shops sometimes u can even get as high as $1.8k, just as a manicurist.

Comment

Actually, sometimes you need to look at the commission structure rather than the basic. And consider the skills you acquire. Professional nail course is $1,250.00 for 12 sessions.

If the 10% is for services you do then it can come out to be quite ok. If an average mani pedi isession is about $40/ session so and you service 8 people a day, then you daily pay after training will be (commision : $40 x 10% x 8 = $32) + (Basic: $4 x 8 hr = $32) = $64/day

If you work 5.5 days a week you get $1408....without certificates and experience. After you get the experience, I guess $6 / hour or higher won't be a problem.

Comment

Working...
                          X