Late for work! overslept! how now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late for work! overslept! how now?

what will u do if u overslept? i believe eveyone will probably experience some days where you overslept on a work day. what will you do? please share
    take MC and continue to sleep?
    36.54%
    Take leave?
    7.37%
    Take a few hrs/ half day off
    22.44%
    just walk in even its ten o'clock
    33.65%
    Last edited by dodo; 28-06-2005, 10:40 PM.

LOL! cute thread! I usually wake up slightly late but it really depends on what time I wake up. If its slightly 15-30 mins late I would still wake up and get ready as quick as I can for class. If its like 2 hours late, I think I would just forget it and skip class

But of course, waking up late equates to no time to doll up

Comment

If my job has something urgent that i need to complete..i'll just reach late...and maybe fake a white lie....i guess most pple do this? very lousy i know

If my job has nothing urgent for me, and i've plenty of leave days to clear, i'll take leave, if not then half day.. I try not to fake MC because it ain't a very good feeling. But well, if i'm really uneasy, i'll just go see a doc and get an mc.

This is a very real life thread. haha...

Comment

hmm if it's not urgent..MC..

if urgent then got to walk in the office...

Comment

my company is quite flexible on its work time.
          i havent actually been very late before, but if it happens, i just inform the receptionist i will be late

Comment

my boss is quite relaxed but if i'm really really late then i will take leave. but then again it depends if i have something urgent i will still go in to finish it

Comment

Hmm... i have tried a few times that I woke up late, so far I just walked in even if it is 10am

Comment

haha same here, i also just walk in, sometimes didnt even try to take taxi. Hmm bad atitude worker...ooppsss...

Comment

Actually my lady boss treat me very well, I will just sms her that i will be late..
                  She understand that i stay very far from my work place

^_*

Comment

Originally posted by Peanut
                    Hmm... i have tried a few times that I woke up late, so far I just walked in even if it is 10am
                    Didn't your boss ask you why? And what you tell him/her? i think it's not very good to say "opps i woke up late" This is what my dad told me.... and he'll tell me to give real corny excuses like "jam...." , "the bus didnt came........" etc etc

Comment

Originally posted by cUp
                      Didn't your boss ask you why? And what you tell him/her? i think it's not very good to say "opps i woke up late" This is what my dad told me.... and he'll tell me to give real corny excuses like "jam...." , "the bus didnt came........" etc etc
                      my boss's office is not near me.. so even if i come in late, he wouldnt know plus, he seldom call us before 10am, coz he also reading newspapers and eating his breakfast

Comment

I'll work from home if I cannot even make it to the office after lunch. Because of work-related travelling, many of my colleagues are in SG for a couple of days a week only and other than being compensated for not being in SG on weekends, they also work from home whenever possible.

Or else, even if 11am, I also just walk in. For us, it's not really the hours, just the work, so as long as you respond to emails and work requests, you won't get into trouble. If I am expected to check emails at home at 11pm, I really don't think it's fair if I am expected to be in office 9 to 6. Just .

Comment

I will just walk into the office. I know many eyes are looking. But dun care. haha

Comment

It's either leave or MC for me. But if my manager on duty is nice enough, my shift can be changed to a later one, but that hardly ever happen.

Comment

My home and office is a 15 minutes journey by cab, so most of the times when I wake up late, I will still turn up for work. My bosses are relatively nice people, I will just sms them and stay back abit later that day.

Comment

Working...
                              X