Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever thought of becoming a singer?

Anyone?

It's actually pretty easy to break into the taiwanese market in this day and age.
    Now, looking ugly is a trait people will like you by.
    Looking good, is also a bonus.
    Cannot sing? Who cares? There's always glitzy photos and sound enhancements to make you every bit a star.

Any of you girls dream about being as famous as jolin or cyndi one day?

Why the sudden thought of it?

I love to sing since i was young. I always thought my only ambition is to become a singer, but i never really do anything about it too
    To be famous, is not as easy, it really depends on time, fate, and luck! A lot of good looking ones didnt get famous, same for those lot who sing well.

Comment

jemay (:

Don't know, was looking at the glamourous photos and fan-mobbed stars and thought, "hey, why is no one holding banners with my face on it and screaming my name at the top of their lungs?"

It's quite easy now, actually. There are tonnes of producers actually seeking people to groom. Just gotta know the right place to find them. lol.

one of my girlfriends contacted a producer and he's really keen on grooming her. But she's held back by thoughts about being too young, cannot handle living w/o family in taiwan and what's gonna happen to her studies and herself once her star expiry date is over. and so on.

Alot of factors to consider, really. (:

Comment

What a thought. OK, to console u and maybe myself, whats so great about being famous? U will lose all your freedom, cannot go here and there, cannot kiss in public, and paparazzi all over u when u r really hot!

A normal self is cool enough.

Comment

Haha, jemay, you're right. Alot of restrictions. Started this thread cos my girlfriend called today to discuss this topic with me. She's pretty much at a loss. Wanna get some feedback from you ladies so I can help her with her decision.

Comment

It really depends what u want. U gain fame and $, u lost all your freedom and freedom to speak too. I mean, u cant speak your mind isnt it?

Comment

tien, can ask her to try it out. cannot make it then come back to Sg, no big deal. But has to tell her to beware of the taiwanese's contract as it is draft in Chinese. Some of the agents really cheats the star-wannabe, I heard that some of the star don't even get a single cents even though their album is selling well. Fann Wong and Jolin had a lot of problems with the contract thingy also.

Comment

Juliet, thanks for the advice, will let her know. But it will be a waste of time to go and end up coming back cos she's currently pursuing diploma. Yeah, partly afraid of ending up with lawsuits too.

Comment

i have....but then its not realistic in singapore

Comment

join the superstar contest heehee...not realistic? but there are people who make it like Stephanie Sun, JJ etc. never try never know...

Comment

yes me!! I always harboured this inner desire to be someone famous, but recently, something triggered me into deciding that aft my studies, i will try my luck at it... do you think this is dumb?? and i also wanna go taiwan, so living alone overseas thingy is not a huge prob for me... but if i have to find a producer... where to go??

Comment

ms_sparkles!

Can actually go audition with record companies or begin with M*sic and M*vem*nt (where tanya chua is with) and there will always be people who are eager to talent scout.

(: go for it! my friend gave up her opportunity to study.

Comment

Originally posted by tien
                          jemay (:

Don't know, was looking at the glamourous photos and fan-mobbed stars and thought, "hey, why is no one holding banners with my face on it and screaming my name at the top of their lungs?"

It's quite easy now, actually. There are tonnes of producers actually seeking people to groom. Just gotta know the right place to find them. lol.

one of my girlfriends contacted a producer and he's really keen on grooming her. But she's held back by thoughts about being too young, cannot handle living w/o family in taiwan and what's gonna happen to her studies and herself once her star expiry date is over. and so on.

Alot of factors to consider, really. (:
                          tien, tell your gf i can be her guardian....no need to feel lost...i can take her to places where she can get SG food too. .......i live in taipei and sometimes pop home for holiday.... as for studies, if she is gamed and willing to work hard, can do the online uni courses...

Comment

hmm... sounds good... but i know this sounds kinda stupid, and its ok to scold me... but i think its very difficult to actually get famous, if i work with singapore companies... and i think its somehow easier to get famous with taiwan companiesas the mkt is larger...

Comment

i agree with u ms sparkles..hard to get famous...

anyway i dont think i'm good enough to be a singer...i did attend music classes with ocean butterfly in sec sch, where u had to go thru an audition, but its pretty boring (ha ha).......and nothing came outta it...

Comment

Working...
                              X