Anyone on CC in the Fashion Industry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone on CC in the Fashion Industry?

Hey fellow cotters, I'm currently studying Apparel in Temasek poly. Am wondering if anyone is working in the fashion industry? Like merchandisers, retailers, buyers, designers?

I would like to know too! (:

Comment

I've been very keen on working in the fashion industry in their marketing sector, but i've heard that it's not an easy industry to get into & that you need to know people to get into it fast.. Else you'll have to work your way up from scratch..

Comment

I work in renown Singaporean ladies footwear company as Operation Manager based in Aus. Footwear is part of fashion industry? I guess so. I just penetrate the industry just like that. I was previously in the construction industry. I guess I am lucky to be at the right place, at the right time, meeting the right people. Some really worked from scratch. As it is truely as very competitive market and these companies definitely hire only the best, if not the experienced. I have been to interview at Blood Bros, but I don't have the experience at all. I have heard of people who worked all the way up from beauty SA to marketing. HTHs.

Comment

Friend used to work for Club 21, guess it's pretty glam? She organised fashion shows for the brand, coordinate factory samples from the designers and communicate between the designers and the factory.

She was also from TP Apparel Design and Merchandising and went on overseas for a Business Degree before being head hunted for Club 21. Before that she was a Merchandiser for a local designer in China.

Comment

My classmate is working at Club 21 as a merchandiser now. We studied at Raffles Lasalle taking Fashion Marketing and Merchandising. Marchandising has LOTS to do with figures and calculations. He says he's overworked there and has to do lots of OT. IT may look glam but it's also hard work. You have to work out mark ups, mark downs, profitable profit margins etc. I hated that part of my course so I'm thinking twice before going into merchandising. I think I'll enjoy retail more, doing retail management...

Comment

fashion merchandising is definitely no easy job! Actually fashion jobs are not glamourous at all! You have to be flexible and do everything, from photocopying stuff and getting bossed around to staying up late,meeting deadlines and having as little as 2 hours of sleep a day! *words from someone i know working in club 21 too*
              It's so hard to actually do something fashion based in singapore, cause the market is so small with no room for expansion. Seriously re-considering my future plans in this line.

Comment

Yeah, plus the Singapore fashion scene is considered sedate and boring compared to other major fashion capitals....

Comment

:wow: i wish i wish i am too!!!! but never in sg....too limiting!!

Comment

I am in fashion in Aus. Very competitive. Too competitive that no matter what good price we give, still battling with 10 other brands out there!

Comment

I'm very interested in the fashion or retail industry. I had tried sending in resumes but no reply. I heard that in these industry, people get in through word of mouth. I don't mind the hard work and i can slog.

Anyone willing to help me?

Comment

I'm a newcomer to the retail industry myself and am battling with shortage of service staff. You interested, Princessy? No promises of any vacancies in the near future; you'd have to start out as a part-timer first.

Comment

glossie, care to share more?

pm if not convenient?

Comment

Originally posted by Glossie
                            I'm a newcomer to the retail industry myself and am battling with shortage of service staff. You interested, Princessy? No promises of any vacancies in the near future; you'd have to start out as a part-timer first.
                            Hmmm....i'm interested definitely but i have job right now. And what do you mean by service staff?

Comment

Customer service, Princessy.

Comment

Working...
                              X