Berklee School of Music (Boston)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Berklee School of Music (Boston)

Hi.. has anyone graduated, or is contemplating to study there?

Have not seen any thread with music people..

Anyone working in the music industry? *hands up*

hi pink, my bro got the acceptance letter in jul, but he's decided to postpone his term start to next feb cos of the many medical tests. we're still reluctant to let him go, cos the fees r exorbitant and not sure if it's a good idea to spend all that money. r u studying there?

Comment

isn't Corinne May from there as well as one of our young prodigy in music .. i think abigail?

*oops sorry .. abigail sin was from Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music*

Comment

Originally posted by Joelle
        hi pink, my bro got the acceptance letter in jul, but he's decided to postpone his term start to next feb cos of the many medical tests. we're still reluctant to let him go, cos the fees r exorbitant and not sure if it's a good idea to spend all that money. r u studying there?
        I'm considering to study there.. but like you mentioned.. i agree.. the fees are exorbitant!! And.. i went to have a look at the site... mind boggling.. the courses offered.. i wish i could do all!!!

Have a few questions.. (if you don't mind..) Was your brother granted any exemptions? (that is, presuming your brother has music background)

And u mentioned medical tests... what medical tests?

Comment

Originally posted by kestrel
          isn't Corinne May from there as well as one of our young prodigy in music .. i think abigail?

*oops sorry .. abigail sin was from Yong Siew Toh Conservatory of Music*
          Yes!! Corinne May was from Berklee... so was "Tao Zhe" .. and quite a few others..

Urm.. Abigail Sin.. geez.. that girl on the piano... I'm too lazy to practise that hard.

Comment

Most of my friends were trying for YST but none of them got in, some went to NAFA.
            Not many in singapore are willing to pay for foreign music education I guess?
            there is a thread on musician in CC haha but most of us are just band members I guess. =)

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkishy
              I'm considering to study there.. but like you mentioned.. i agree.. the fees are exorbitant!! And.. i went to have a look at the site... mind boggling.. the courses offered.. i wish i could do all!!!

Have a few questions.. (if you don't mind..) Was your brother granted any exemptions? (that is, presuming your brother has music background)

And u mentioned medical tests... what medical tests?
              he had a referrer, a friend of his... his admission was based on that referral. the medical tests is simply for admission to the school. just like the medical check-ups we have before we go into uni

Comment

he had a referrer, a friend of his... his admission was based on that referral. the medical tests is simply for admission to the school. just like the medical check-ups we have before we go into uni
                i see.. so it's important to have a referral from someone .. or it just means that it would be easier to be accepted with a referral..

I wish they have those "talks" like the UK education day or US education day or something :eh:

Comment

Originally posted by linggy
                  Most of my friends were trying for YST but none of them got in, some went to NAFA.
                  Not many in singapore are willing to pay for foreign music education I guess?
                  there is a thread on musician in CC haha but most of us are just band members I guess. =)
                  Hi linggy,

what is YST?

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkishy
                    Hi linggy,

what is YST?
                    Oh. i just figured..haha It's Yong Siew Toh

Comment

haha sorry...Yong Siew Toh Conservatory, we called it YST in NUS. =)

Comment

wohoo.. it's Wang Lee Hom's school also...
                        so many talented people from there, should be very good

Comment

Hi Joelle,

is your brother still going to Berklee?

Comment

yea i think so... he's in the midst of going thru some medical vaccinations...

Comment

do u think i could ask him some questions regarding entry requirements.. what he decided to take, etc?

feeling pretty lost..

Comment

Working...
                              X