Music To Dance To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music To Dance To

A spin-off from Lovedust and Vandalin's posts about music that gets you groovin'...

So....which songs do you remember (fondly) dancing / clubbing to?

Which songs / albums never fail to get you movin' and groovin'?

Are there any types of music / any song that you would NEVER, EVER dance to?

Let's hear from you closet Abba fans now....

Who else but Dj shadow, Sister Bliss, Kid kenobi and the boys at zouk and frontallabs. These ppl get me to the dancefloor anytime, without any booze. Sometimes even emo can make me dance haha. Those were the days.

Used to be anything electronic. Luv breakbeat, progressive trance and sometimes mambo nights at zouk.

What musik can't get me grooving: eurodance. enuff said.

Now i'm more into soul jazz, old skool hip hop and digging back the old songs. A big change for me.

Comment

Sorry lah.... I dance something uncommon so it doesn't apply to most people

Mack the Knife.... 'live' version....
      It will always bring back memories of fantastic swing nights at Harry's at Boat Quay, being twirled around by the guy who stole my heart away.... a 'las..... it's hard to be left on the shelf/but it's worst to be in love by yourself.... the one I love belongs to somebody else
      Gosh, I love the lyricists of old

Comment

i'd dance immediately to hiphop and r&b! regardless of where i am or who i'm with. :ROFL: still remember getting with my gfs at my school's food and fun fair, while braiding some poor kid's hair. the parents were shocked!

Comment

i'd dance immediately to tunes that i really like e.g. R & B, like Xue i just dance on the spot no matter where i am, ppl stare but who cares?
          Hip Hop sounds great but i usually cannot dance a whole song cos' it gets boring after a while

actually i like pop too like to move according to the lyrics esp. songs like J.Lo Let's get Loud etc...

urgh. i miss dancing. :roll:

Comment

whoa whoa whoa fellow RnB lovers... wassup!! heh... other than RnB i'm really into latino beats as well... then i found this group called cuban link that combines the 2.... hooo wah!! there's a song they did with PINK called "sexy" for obvious reasons... and it is hot... :booty:

A little older would be anything that Michael did when he was still black. i feel that "smooth criminal" is the one song that defined a whole generation... anything from janet is great as well... "if" is really cool as well... heh... what can i say... i'm an old timer...

confession time... i admit... i was a mambo junkie... :sotong: top 3 songs... "love in the first degree","blame it on the boogie" and "summer rain" ahhhh memories memories.... do anybody still remember how people used to stand on the central platform at zouk and do the "square room" thing? i cannot believe i used to be one of those punks...

hmm dunno why, but "can't get you out of my head" just don't do it for me... and sometime i feel i can't quite move to hard trance and hard rock...

Comment

Haven't partied for a long time but I remeber I used to run to the dance floor whenever Bizarre Love Triangle started playing. That was a loooong time ago!

Comment

http://fun.s-one.net.sg:8080/pub/movies/chengrenli.ram

On the topic of dancing...
                I want to grow up like her! :o:

Oh yah... please note... this is a realplayer clip.

Comment

Anything! Dancing makes me happy The harder the better!

On a serious note...

Trance, techno and tribal house gets me groovy. U can always see me dancing to trance-y tunes with female vocals or tracks with deep and dark percussions. Anything goes if my mind is set on dancing lah.

Love Takkyu Ishino...he's a visual dj and I call his techno "Happy Techno". *Sign* He was playing at Movement, KL that time in June 2001. Still remember....

Van-->> 'Can't get u outta of head'... Try 'In Your Eyes' remixed by Saeed and Palash. NICE! Aiyah...I'm also a 'Mambo junkie' last time. No need to be embarrassed lah. I still love mambo but not the remixed type. I love that Coyote Ugly track...what's that called. Something moon...right? I love Sting's Desert Rose as well!

LoveDust-->>Wow! I see another party animal here as well! Haven't been to Zouk for a while. The place has changed so much. I see that u are a supporter of the local scene as well!!

Comment

I groove to anything retro (cheesy fun!) or anything rock!!! =) the occasional top 40s are ok too i guess (kylie minogue's "love at first sight") :booty:

Comment

oh that's right! tribal house and vocals are GOOD... but it's gotta be something that is well mixed though... there are too many slack trance and house DJs out there who just chucks an all hits CD on the turntable and then go for booze... quite irritating!

rac, that'll be can't fight the moonlight... good song....

you know what i really really cannot stand? the thing that gives me goosebumps and wake me up screaming at night? the remix techno version of "my heart will go on"

okok... one more thing... quite ching chong... but i really really LOVE the theme song for "wong fei hong" i know one cannot really dance to it, but it does get the blood up... and all hyped up... makes me wanna go learn chinese martial arts... shaolin temple here i come!!

Comment

Originally posted by Vandalin
                        whoa whoa whoa fellow RnB lovers... wassup!! heh... other than RnB i'm really into latino beats as well... then i found this group called cuban link that combines the 2.... hooo wah!! there's a song they did with PINK called "sexy" for obvious reasons... and it is hot... :booty:

A little older would be anything that Michael did when he was still black. i feel that "smooth criminal" is the one song that defined a whole generation... anything from janet is great as well... "if" is really cool as well... heh... what can i say... i'm an old timer...

confession time... i admit... i was a mambo junkie... :sotong: top 3 songs... "love in the first degree","blame it on the boogie" and "summer rain" ahhhh memories memories.... do anybody still remember how people used to stand on the central platform at zouk and do the "square room" thing? i cannot believe i used to be one of those punks...

hmm dunno why, but "can't get you out of my head" just don't do it for me... and sometime i feel i can't quite move to hard trance and hard rock...

Hey im one of them too. Thats like 5 to 6 yrs ago when mambo q looks like centipede eh? Summer rain, yeah! Now i prefer phuture.

Comment

Originally posted by raebelasian
                          Anything! Dancing makes me happy The harder the better!

On a serious note...

Trance, techno and tribal house gets me groovy. U can always see me dancing to trance-y tunes with female vocals or tracks with deep and dark percussions. Anything goes if my mind is set on dancing lah.

Love Takkyu Ishino...he's a visual dj and I call his techno "Happy Techno". *Sign* He was playing at Movement, KL that time in June 2001. Still remember....

Van-->> 'Can't get u outta of head'... Try 'In Your Eyes' remixed by Saeed and Palash. NICE! Aiyah...I'm also a 'Mambo junkie' last time. No need to be embarrassed lah. I still love mambo but not the remixed type. I love that Coyote Ugly track...what's that called. Something moon...right? I love Sting's Desert Rose as well!

LoveDust-->>Wow! I see another party animal here as well! Haven't been to Zouk for a while. The place has changed so much. I see that u are a supporter of the local scene as well!!

hell yeah! tribal wooh.. i have a friend who has his soul sold to it. LOL. Yea the local scene is lookin good now. I have friends in frontallab so i help out with their snaps page at james lavelle night at centro once, double joy for me. Photography and Clubbing. I love!!

Comment

i LOVE house music! thats why i'd rather party at centro, velvet or zouk (NOT on weds though).

im not into RETRO and TECHNO. :roll:

Superstylin by groove armada & It just wont do by Tim Deluxe never fail to get me grooving.

Comment

Originally posted by Rykiel
                              i LOVE house music! thats why i'd rather party at centro, velvet or zouk (NOT on weds though).

im not into RETRO and TECHNO. :roll:

Superstylin by groove armada & It just wont do by Tim Deluxe never fail to get me grooving.

Hey does velvet play house? I think it should be zouk main floor eh? Erm..i've only been there a couple of times and i think the crowd and i just dont mixed. Or is it just me? I'm more of a phuture dudette. Whats the music like on fri/sat now? Haven't been there for quite awhile.

Comment

Working...
                              X