Forbidden City:Portrait Of An Empress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden City:Portrait Of An Empress

Anyone going to the musical @ the esplanade theatres?

I'll be going for the preview on 4 Sept! Bought the tix @ $30 only from school!

that's a good deal!! for some reason, i thought this is going to be in mandarin so i passed it over for "the wedding banquet". are you going for this too? i can't wait for the 24th of aug.

Comment

hi michannat! wanted to go for the wedding banquet too but too bad no special rates for that!
      looking forward to the musical!

Comment

maybe can apply for OCBC arts card. might be able to get good prices. would you like to go for the philharmonic concert of london? or do you prefer plays/musicals.

Comment

dun think i'll be able to make it for that one...exam period...yikes! :sotong:

Comment

i wanna watch this too! support the local arts scene and all.

Comment

pan: yep, it was sold out during its 1st run last year.

i'm wanting to watch this too! anyone else wants to go?

i want to catch The Wedding Banquet too, it sounds like something funny and light-hearted whereas Forbidden City sounds more heavy-going. But going for both will make me go for broke...

Comment

geekchic, tell me about it! i bought tickets to wedding banquet and now i'm rather broke.

i think i confused forbidden city with "xue lang hu", also starring kit chan. forbidden city sounds like it's going to be really enjoyable.

has anyone been to igor's? my friend went once and she thinks it's really fun. she likes it when the audience gets to particiapte. something like "ah kong's birthday party".

Comment

Mich, I also passed Forbidden City for Wedding Banquet...A friend who watched Forbidden last year said it is not great...Hope she is right

For Ignor, heard about that place but I think I rather sit down and have a good dinner rather than being scared to my wits..

Comment

definitely watching Wedding Banquet...wouldn't give anything to miss this Broadway!

Comment

meow and pauline, when are you watching the wedding banquet? i'll be going on the 24th. who knows, might be able to spot you 2 lovelies there.

Comment

DBS & POSB credit card holders have discounts to Forbidden City - Portrait Of An Empress. Trying checking out the bank's website for details.

Comment

Originally posted by meow123
                          A friend who watched Forbidden last year said it is not great...Hope she is right
                          I also remember reading reviews that weren't glowing. Gosh.. I haven't been to a ticketed performance in a long while.
                          Next week's excursion to hear a Colombian Salsa band is probably closest.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                            meow and pauline, when are you watching the wedding banquet? i'll be going on the 24th. who knows, might be able to spot you 2 lovelies there.
                            i haven't booked my tickets yet...don't even know who i'm going with...24th sounds like a great day! will see if i can make it on that day...which price did you go for mich?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline
                              definitely watching Wedding Banquet...wouldn't give anything to miss this Broadway!
                              Mich, I think mine is 30 Aug if I am not wrong...My friends bought the tickets with HSBC 15% discount ...

Pauline, better get the tickets fast if you want good seats...

Comment

Working...
                              X