Act Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act Up!

Thought I'd start a new thread for interested parties to post upcoming DRAMA events.

Here;s one I'm looking forward to:

The Vaginalogues
    (based on Eve Ensler's The Vagina Monologues)

3 - 7 September,
    The Esplanade Theatre Studio
    $35, SISTIC

They brought the show forward huh? It was initally scheduled for late Sep?
    Now I wont be able to catch it. oh well!

thanks for the info Pan.

Comment

Mich and I are deeply interested. No pun intended.

:booty: :booty: :booty:

Comment

Another one!

Animal Farm

Animal Farm, George Orwell's most celebrated novel is a startlingly relevant reminder that absolute power corrupts, and that totalitarian regimes inevitably betray the trust of ordinary citizens.

In the hands of director Ivan Heng, WILD RICE's sensational stage adaptation of regime change was a theatrical hit that awed and had audiences fighting and fainting over tickets! Due to overwhelming demand, this production will be revisited and revamped with Ivan Heng as Napoleon and other cast acting in different roles.

Dates: 3 Sep (Preview), 4-21Sep (No shows on Monday)

Venue: Jubilee Hall (my fave place for plays! )

Tickets: $30 (Preview only), $38, $43, $48 (Tues-Sat 8pm;3pm Sat-Sun), $28, $33, $38 (Sun 8pm)

Comment

Eeeks! I just logged onto Sistic and...guess what....the Vaginalogues is in....MANDARIN!!!! ARGH!!! Cannot! I will need subtitles already. Darrrrrn.

Comment

Originally posted by pandora76
            Eeeks! I just logged onto Sistic and...guess what....the Vaginalogues is in....MANDARIN!!!! ARGH!!! Cannot! I will need subtitles already. Darrrrrn.
            What?? Mandarin...That's weird....Oh then I have to skip too...I am not a fan of chinese drama :roll:

Comment

mandarin? then have to pass on this as well.

will be watchin animal farm though. off to book the tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                mandarin? then have to pass on this as well.

will be watchin animal farm though. off to book the tickets.
                Mich, reviews please when you have watched this....

Comment

sure thing meow, SV and me will be watching this on the 4th of sept. it had raves last year. as long as it has me laughing till my sides split, would give it an A*.

anyone else watching this as well? pauline?

Comment

Originally posted by michannat
                    anyone else watching this as well? pauline?
                    yup! will be watching this but not so soon though...cos' i'll be watching Bent next Tues cannot watch so many in one week, i'm going broke! no $$ for facials already

Comment

great! do post a review on Bent, pauline. enjoy the show.

Comment

Yea, I thought Vaginalogues was gonna be interesting till I found out it's in Mandarin! Hear Animal Farm's gonna be good!

Comment

Toy Factory's - BENT

Just came back from watching this play

Bent is set in the 1930s, during the Hitler days, with the persecution of the Jews and the homosexuals (though less heard of ). The play emphasizes on the homosexuality persecution and presents it in a very real setting in the form of Max, played by Brandon Fernandez.

Brandon, though not the original lead, executes his role smoothly and is able to bring out the different mixed emotions of his role very well.

Though i felt the play was a tad slow in the development of the story, it was an overall very compelling and stimulating performance.

If you still want to catch this, it's on till 21Sep.

Oh and i left my newly bought Mango Top there should think of a way to get it back soon...

Comment

not exactly an arty-farty play, but i'll be going down to Igor's to catch the latest production: Cold White Lies and Red Hot Scandals

good friend of mine is playing the lead role (taking over Norleena for a few shows). should be fun.

Comment

thanks Pauline for the review!
                              i'm somewhat of a WWII enthusiast so this sounds very interesting to me.
                              & i'm down for Bent on the 17th, I think! Yay! never been to The Attic before though..how to get there? & what's the seating like? :sotong:

passing on The Vaginalogues too although i read they added 2 new viewpoints - that of a prostitute who trades by her vagina & that of a transvestite who wants it most. sounds very very interesting, even if its in Mandarin. if i'm not wrong, the 1st run was also in Mandarin...

Comment

Working...
                              X