Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Band/Choir Concerts or Performances

Hi ladies!

My choir, The Vocal Consort will be holding our annual concert: "Music Ink - Music Across the Ages" at Victoria Concert Hall on 19 March 2004. Tickets are priced at SGD19 each, seats will be allocated on a first-come first-served basis.

We will be singing a a wide variety of pieces ranging from mediaval to contemporary classics.

Anyone who is interested in attend the above concert, please PM me or email me at [email protected]

For more write-up on my choir, please visit our website http://www.thevocalconsort.com for more details!

Hope to see your there!

hey girl heh this is a little late! but hey nelson is your conductor! I was from VJ choir so he used to conduct me too!!

Comment

jumping on this thread, but paintedpoppies, i was from VJ too!!!

Comment

wow!! heh and we're the same age!! what class are you from? i was from S15, went through school like a daze sleepy most of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by paintedpoppies
          hey girl heh this is a little late! but hey nelson is your conductor! I was from VJ choir so he used to conduct me too!!
          Nelson Kwei -- I missed his flamboyant style ... and sacarstic humour!

Comment

paintedpoppies & 101mynxes: gals,if u r interested, join us 'the vocal consort' for choir practices! i was from AJ choir, 101mynxes which choir were u from? btw, there's a possibility that we might compete in a Prague event end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by aveline
              101mynxes which choir were u from?
              NTU Choir .. was under Nelson for two years before he "deserted" us!!

aveline: How often does your choir meet for practices? I'm starting work in August and I'm not sure how my schedule will be like!!

Gosh! I miss singing in a Choir again -- some of the ex-NTU people banded up and on and off we do a couple of a capella gigs ... but nothing beats the "high" feeling you get at the end of a full-length concert performance!!
              *wistful*

Comment

101mynxes: we practice on sundays afternoons, now having a long break after our annual concert. think they should be resuming pracs at end of may but i'll be MIA till june when my papers end yeah, and performing on stage is always 'high'! we jsut go crazy after the concert haha...

Comment

I have lotsa friends in VC! Nelson is my sch conductor

Comment

Originally posted by aveline
                    paintedpoppies & 101mynxes: gals,if u r interested, join us 'the vocal consort' for choir practices! i was from AJ choir, 101mynxes which choir were u from? btw, there's a possibility that we might compete in a Prague event end of this year.
                    heh thanks dear! but i might be joining our alumni choir VC or something We went to prague when i was J1 its fantastic!! and such a beautiful place do go if you get the chance!!!

Comment

Concert anyone?

A band i'm in is putting up a concert and I thought to publicise it in case there's anyone who's interested.

We'll be playing many familiar tunes from the past. This concert will be very unlike other band concerts (including those we've put up before) where the majority of pieces are "classically" tuned.
                      You'll be able to sing along to the songs we'll be playing! Eg: Abba, Chicago soundtrack, Grease, etc.

Clementi Town Alumni Wind Ensemble
                      presents
                      What's That Song Again?

Date: 9th September
                      Time: 7:30pm
                      Price: $12
                      Venue: Jubilee Hall (Raffles Hotel)

We're inviting our audience to dress in retro gear too so it's a reason to go out shopping!

Do PM me if you'd like more details or get tickets. My HP is 98425347.

Comment

Working...
                      X