TV Programmes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Programmes

in the past couple of weeks, i've been catching the drama entitled "beautiful days" on channel 8. it airs on mondays and tuesdays @ the ridiculous hour of midnight.

just 4 episodes and i'm hooked - utterly and completely hooked. i believe much of the story has gone by yet i still it! the leading cast are superb! they can cry so prettily - their eyes brim over with tears and then the tears just fall so prettily, no mess at all. what achievement! and the sound track - can't get enough of it

of course, watching the show means staying up till wee hours and (yup, i'm one of those that cry easily when watching soppy scenes. i even teared up when Boo left Sulley in Monstors Inc! ) - and doing so means puffy eyes the next morning. but still, i'm hooked and loving every minute!

now, i've even gone to the extreme - scouring shops to rent/purchase the dvds!

i watched for a couple of times, for a while only, sounds nice, but then again, if i watch i will not have enough rest for the next day

Comment

oh no..they used to show it at 9pm some long time ago...its a korean show with the long hair girl who acts really good and her quite evil sister and the suave guy....gosh, he's so cute.
      haha.... but it gets MORE and MORE sad im warning you..... so i was so addicted to it...worst part is i cried every episode...ok, maybe the last few ones that were really a rollercoaster emotional ride.....sigh. I still think the guy's cute.

Comment

When I started watching 4 episodes ago, I thought their looks were mediocre, plus I hate all those hair covering half of the men's face. Now that the show's growing on me, I think both the leads look great! Cute, sweet, cool, suave, you name it! Especially the Mr Li - that man is COOL

The scene at the airport was great - I couldn't stop my tears!

Comment

Lee Byung Hun look so cool inside the drama. I can't stop drooling over him in Beautiful Days... Actually I like him since the 2000 movie 'Joint Security Forces'.

The drama is a very typical Korean drama series but the scene in the show were all so beautifully shot which tempted me to visit Korea! I agree that the drama is telecast at such a ridiculous time!
          :piss:

I intend to buy the 'All In' VCD because Lee Byung Hun is starring in it. Ha... Is it relly true that Lee Byung Hun is dating Song Hae Gyo? She is like 10 years younger than him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pixash
            oh no..they used to show it at 9pm some long time ago...its a korean show with the long hair girl who acts really good and her quite evil sister and the suave guy....gosh, he's so cute.
            haha.... but it gets MORE and MORE sad im warning you..... so i was so addicted to it...worst part is i cried every episode...ok, maybe the last few ones that were really a rollercoaster emotional ride.....sigh. I still think the guy's cute.
            Is the drama call 'All about Eve' that starred Jang Dong Gun and Chae Rim? About 2 girls fighting for the post of newscaster? That is a very nice show!

Comment

Sorry, babysammi, I'm afraid I can't help you cos I hardly watch korean dramas. The only other one I've caught is "Winter Sonata" (another drama created for tissue manufacturers! ).

My husband and I normally catch (besides news broadcasts) sitcoms, hollywood's dramas/movies, and at the risk of seeming like nerds, those infotainment on Discovery Channel etc! We really love those programmes, I remember one weekend when both of up stayed up till 3am to catch the feature on the discovery of Nefertiti's mummy. That was aired on Discovery Channel and was indeed a great piece!

We love hong kong dramas too. The recent one on Variety Vision pertaining to a forensic pathologist set in the Song Dynasty was great - we caught every episode!

Comment

Talking about Korean drama serials, the one I'm catching right now is the BrightGal Success on Ch8. Starring Jang Nara and Jang Hyuk. Really a light-hearted and funny show. Not to mention that the cute actress and good-looking actor jazz up the factor too.

I normally don't watch korean shows but this is a must for me

Comment

oh, i remember that show. i believe it was aired over Ch56 some time ago and i caught bits and pieces while flipping channels. i don't know much of it but i remember that the leading girl wore very pretty and bright-coloured garments, particularly her knitted tops. and it seems that both leads are constantly bickering and yelling at each other?

Comment

Yep, you are right. and it's their bickering that's funny! well, but they fall for each other in the end

Comment

yeah!! TV programmes!! My Fav. are:
                      1. Everybody Loves Raymond (starworld, monday)
                      2. Yes, Dear (starworld, monday)
                      3. Monk (starworld, Tuesday)
                      4. CSI (AXN, monday)
                      5. CSI Miami (AXN, Wed; Channel 5, Wed)
                      6. Charmed (starworld, Wed; Channel 5, Wed)
                      7. Becker (starworld, monday)
                      8. Just shoot me (starworld, mon-fri)

other fav would be programmes from Discovery Travel, Discovery Channel (mainly medical and crime night), Hong Kong TV series, Japanese series, Korea series, and of coz sometimes cartoon channel like Hallmark. I don't frequent sports channel, seldom. if i do, then i must be watching volleyball match.

gosh~~ i'm a couch potato!!

Comment

I'm a regular couch potato alrite. Here are some of the TV series I really, really dig...past and present.

CSI
                        CSI Miami
                        The Practice
                        Ed
                        Boston Public
                        Survivor
                        The Amazing Race
                        The Mole
                        Third Watch
                        The Bachelor/The Bachelorette
                        Temptation Island
                        Joe Millionaire
                        Late Show With David Letterman
                        Felicity
                        The X-Files
                        Roswell
                        Boomtown
                        Chicago Hope
                        Smallville
                        That 70s Show
                        Son Of The Beach
                        I Love Lucy
                        The Three Stooges

Looking fwd to...

The Simple Life
                        Nip/Tuck
                        Survivor All-Stars

Hail television!

Comment

Originally posted by cate69
                          Looking fwd to...

The Simple Life
                          Nip/Tuck
                          Survivor All-Stars

will Nip/Tuck EVER make it to SG shores?? one can only wait and hope.....
                          Julian McMahon as a doctor......*swoon*

The Simple Life looks quite interesting. Paris Hilton in a farm?

"What is Wal-Mart," asks overexposed socialite Paris Hilton as her friend Nicole Richie and the show's Arkansas farm family are talking about the world's leading retailer. "It's, like, they sell wall stuff?"

Comment

Originally posted by vixette
                            will Nip/Tuck EVER make it to SG shores?? one can only wait and hope.....
                            Julian McMahon as a doctor......*swoon*

caught Nip Tuck on aussie tv
                            i would say it is pretty trashy but well Julia McMahon certainly lives up to his name!

I am pretty doubtful it will land on SG shores, if yes will be pretty late at night

Comment

Nip/Tuck will be shown on Ch 5. I already caught the show in part of their lineup for 2004's akan datang TV series. You're probably right, Nat...think it's probably be shown at some crazy timing like 12 or 1am when all the kids are deep in Slumberland.
                              Last edited by Glossie; 16-01-2005, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X