Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah Beng Song

Dear ALL,

Can you recommend me a truly happening Ah Beng disco in Singapore? A place I can hangout for a bit of Ah Lian watching and order beers in Hokkien. Cash rich Ah Bengs puling up in their Subaru WRXs and Nissan Evolutions.

I'm sick of places infested with whites and white wannabes.

The World according to Psycho

I think there is a Club 3 along Mohammed Sultan? Opp Siam / East Side. Lotsa of ah lians and bengs from what i heard.

or just get your beer from the good old kopitiam. definitely no whites and white-wannabes there. you can feel at ease

Comment

How about Boat Quay? They've got Mambo No. 5 (dunno whether is it still there?), Xclusive and Chocolate Bar that plays Techno musics that are very Ah Beng.
      Alternatively, Sparks at Orchard Point. Not sure whether it's still there too.

Comment

Thanks for your kind inputs.

I was at Beyond (the former Roar). Sound system was great, belting out heading banging Techno stuff. Yeah, place was dripping with Ah Lians and their totally cool Beng boys, bleached blond hair and hi-tech sun glasses.

Until this totally hideous band came out to perform. Think they call themselves Legend. I checked out immediately and spent the rest of the night looking for the heart of Saturday night.

The World according to Psycho

Comment

not a clubbing person myself but i would think any pub along boat quay or mohamed sultan would be a safe bet. enjoy yourself

Comment

Originally posted by artichoke
            How about Boat Quay? They've got Mambo No. 5 (dunno whether is it still there?), Xclusive and Chocolate Bar that plays Techno musics that are very Ah Beng.
            Alternatively, Sparks at Orchard Point. Not sure whether it's still there too.
            Sparks is no longer around. It's now a chinese restaurant, i think.

Comment

happened to bump on this thread.

What happened to this uncle??? :booty:

Comment

wow u must have really like this uncle to stalk him!

Comment

wanted to post on Watsons Beer Wax, did a "beer" search & found this....

guess he must have brought lotsa laughter in CC old days.

Comment

Working...
                  X