Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sex and the City

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sex and the City

    After hearing so much about this show, i decide I must get hold of at least the first season to watch.

    Anyone knows where i can get them in the cheapest possible way ?

  • #2
    they're going to show season 5 on HBO (ch 60) soon! but the language and certain scenes are going to be censored.. which kinda spoils the whole thing for me.

    the cheapest place to get them would be in JB but otherwise, they have them on yahoo auctions too. or try downloading them off the net. happy watching!

    Comment


    • #3
      Nearest and cheapest place to get them is JB like duckiee said. I just finished watching the final episode recently, made me tear!

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm dying to know what happens in the end! Sigh I watched all the way till the start of the 6 season and never caught the end! downloaded like crazy on kazaa then when my comp speakers conked out I stopped!

        Comment


        • #5
          I get to watch the whole series and my thoughts are I don't relate to the women vs men thingy part of the show, I don't give a damn who Carrie ends up with BUT I really envy the friendship between the 4 girls. that's the most touching part, how nice if I can have such friends around me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bummergal
            I get to watch the whole series and my thoughts are I don't relate to the women vs men thingy part of the show, I don't give a damn who Carrie ends up with BUT I really envy the friendship between the 4 girls. that's the most touching part, how nice if I can have such friends around me.
            Ditto! I so so envy the friendship in the whole series.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have a very close group of girlfriend that I always miss whenever I watch the show. Though our lives might not be as glamourous, we definitely share the same kind of friendship as the SATC girls. They are some of the most important people in my life and I absolutely adore them!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by paintedpoppies
                I'm dying to know what happens in the end! Sigh I watched all the way till the start of the 6 season and never caught the end! downloaded like crazy on kazaa then when my comp speakers conked out I stopped!
                You can download stuff from suprnova.org. I downloaded all 6 seasons from that place and the stuff there is really good quality! It's one of my favourite shows and the ending was superb.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Look like i must pester my friends to get it for me when they do go JB.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sex and the City

                    Originally posted by ponine
                    After hearing so much about this show, i decide I must get hold of at least the first season to watch.

                    Anyone knows where i can get them in the cheapest possible way ?
                    If you've got ways to get someone to handcarry it to you in SG from China, that would probably be quite cheap. Each disk (one series has prob. abt 5-6)? would probably set you back only SG 2-3 ?! thereabouts....

                    Since its not legal, I will not be able to help post it to you..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Re: Sex and the City

                      Originally posted by chox
                      If you've got ways to get someone to handcarry it to you in SG from China, that would probably be quite cheap. Each disk (one series has prob. abt 5-6)? would probably set you back only SG 2-3 ?! thereabouts....

                      Since its not legal, I will not be able to help post it to you..
                      Chox they sell it in china? Normal Cd shop? I want to ask my father-in-law to buy it back for me! hehehehehe

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        They will be showing season 5 TOMORROW on HBO!!!Yipee!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Personally, I don't know what's good about the show. Yes, I do wish I've got friends like that. Other than that, the storyline wise, is just plain draggy. And it overglamourises the life of New Yorkers. I've lived in New York before and the people there certainly don't visit posh nightclubs and fancy restaurants every other night of the week!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            it's 'coz u gals can't relate to the r/s i think. i really love sex n the city. one issue n they have different points of view from the 4 women n i can really relate to some of the issue. things aren't always black n white.

                            in the first plae, these 4 gals aren't just ordinary average new yorkers. they belong to the somewhat richer category. there's this particular episode whereby they touched on social status.

                            anyway, i guess i can't relate to their lifestyle bit but at the end of the day, i think the show does shows us probs every women might go thru regardless of their status.

                            not to mention that it's a pretty witty show. samantha makes me laugh all the time!

                            oh man, i really do love love love that show!!!!!!!!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by ange
                              They will be showing season 5 TOMORROW on HBO!!!Yipee!!!
                              It's at 10pm right??
                              I can't seem to remember.. got to stay home tonight!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X