Extreme makeover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme makeover

i don't know where would this go so if its in the wrong thread, mods pls do move it for me

caught extreme makeover yesterday and i was shocked at the before and after pictures! what a HUGE difference! i guess lots of money, plastic surgery, makeup and a good hair style would make a huge difference!

makes me wonder if they censored some parts though.. when they go for breasts lifts and implants i'm very curious about the before and after pictures

Extreme makeover

as above, given the chance will you go for it?
    im amazed by the results of some participants, however, seeing them gone under the knife, i do have 2nd thoughts about comestic surgery. :puke:

Comment

i'm a fan of the show.

sometimes i wonder what are the criteria abt the participants? some cases are not that serious also....

and it's abit fake when they 'announced' to the selected ones, obviously they knew beforehand..coz they've got those mikes strapped with them

Comment

If I looked like them before the plastic surgery, I think I would probably fund it myself instead of waiting for a show (if I had the means, most participants do not seem to have the means so maybe I raised a moot point!)

I haven't caught most of the episodes but IMO, those I caught, were extreme cumulative cases of unfortunate genes + unfortunate accidents (broken noses) + unfortunate $ problem (those with severe orthodontic problems which they weren't priviledged to have the $ to fix when young). Most people on the street usually have ONE set of problems but those selected for the show happen to have a whole combination of all of the above.

What I do like is that they take them and make them look more PLEASANT (rather than another similar show where they take already somewhat pleasant-looking people and attempt to make gorgeous people out of them). My personal threshold is I don't see anything wrong with ops to look more pleasant but draw the line at a case of an already pleasant face/ body wanting to look gorgeous. Very subjective line though!

However, I don't like the rushed, multi-op nature of the show. I think certain ops were obviously compromised rush-jobs which may not have lasting results (eg. some orthodontic cases look so serious I'm sure just a fast op and then plastering with veneers, is not the best solution). And so far, one of the contestants went a little too far I feel in his transformation, in the sense he looked absolutely nothing like before... I feel ops should be based on IMPROVING the original, retaining some semblance/ roots, rather than scrapping the original and creating a completely different look.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzanova
          i'm a fan of the show.

sometimes i wonder what are the criteria abt the participants? some cases are not that serious also....

and it's abit fake when they 'announced' to the selected ones, obviously they knew beforehand..coz they've got those mikes strapped with them
          i must say i have my reservation to all these reality shows. however thats wot the viewer likes. quoting from mel171103kev, a moot point there.

Comment

Originally posted by mel171103kev
            If I looked like them before the plastic surgery, I think I would probably fund it myself instead of waiting for a show (if I had the means, most participants do not seem to have the means so maybe I raised a moot point!)

I haven't caught most of the episodes but IMO, those I caught, were extreme cumulative cases of unfortunate genes + unfortunate accidents (broken noses) + unfortunate $ problem (those with severe orthodontic problems which they weren't priviledged to have the $ to fix when young). Most people on the street usually have ONE set of problems but those selected for the show happen to have a whole combination of all of the above.

What I do like is that they take them and make them look more PLEASANT (rather than another similar show where they take already somewhat pleasant-looking people and attempt to make gorgeous people out of them). My personal threshold is I don't see anything wrong with ops to look more pleasant but draw the line at a case of an already pleasant face/ body wanting to look gorgeous. Very subjective line though!

However, I don't like the rushed, multi-op nature of the show. I think certain ops were obviously compromised rush-jobs which may not have lasting results (eg. some orthodontic cases look so serious I'm sure just a fast op and then plastering with veneers, is not the best solution). And so far, one of the contestants went a little too far I feel in his transformation, in the sense he looked absolutely nothing like before... I feel ops should be based on IMPROVING the original, retaining some semblance/ roots, rather than scrapping the original and creating a completely different look.
            yea, i ditto on the point that they choose those who are less "gorgeous" and attempt to transform them instead of the already not bad looking ones, i like the fact that they even took care of little details like enhacing a better smile (whitening they teeth, etc), wardrobe,toning of body etc.

i reckon different people have different desire, thats how some contestants end up looking nothing like before. sad to say, many contestant had to resort to going under the knife to gain confidence or positive outlook. :roll:
            IMO, viewership will not escalate if they only attempt to improve rather that creating a drastic difference. the production team merely create wot they think the viewer want.

Comment

Originally posted by mel171103kev
              And so far, one of the contestants went a little too far I feel in his transformation, in the sense he looked absolutely nothing like before... I feel ops should be based on IMPROVING the original, retaining some semblance/ roots, rather than scrapping the original and creating a completely different look.
              Yep I think I know which one you referred to. My bro thought he looked better before! I find it all amazing yet surreal and scary.

Comment

Surely it doesnt just end after the surgery right? Surely there will be follow ups and all and the contestants will then have to fork out their own money for it... And I am bewildered by how fast the surgeries was done... A boob job only took an hour! Yes, seems like a rush-job...

Comment

Ha! The show recently added another segment called Extreme Mini Makeover. It's by Sam the stylist!love him! anyway, in this little segment, sam chooses 1 candidate out of 3 pp who applied for Extreme Makeover, but in this case, these 3 pp are NOT in dire need of surgery, just some serious wardrobe and hairstlye changes! It's amazing how a new hairstyle and wearing clothes that flatter your body makes a person look so much better! Who says the only way is surgery!!

Comment

In Monday's episode, I didn't fancy how Tammy's nose turned out. With the exception of her newly IPL'ed skin, she actually looked older after the makeover!

Comment

Working...
                    X