Jazz anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jazz anyone?

Please share your favourite on the followings!

1. Favourite Jazz Singer

2. Favourite Jazz Album

3.Favourite genre of Jazz music

4. favourite Jazz music hangout

I'm actually more of a bossa nova jazz person that jazz...

1. Favourite Jazz Singer

Lisa Ono, Astrud Gilberto (sorry, its two faves)

2. Favourite Jazz Album

Bossa Nova Nights (Contemporary Blue Grooves From Brazil
    Artist, Various Artists)

Bossa Nova

home or car listening to my CDs...

Lisa Ono, Astrud Gilberto (sorry, its two faves) Bossa Nova Nights (Contemporary Blue Grooves From Brazil Bossa Nova home or car listening to my CDs...

Comment

hi fresia!

i love lisa ono too!

Comment

You guys would love Jobim then I don't know much about jazz, really, not even the accessible kind. El DeBarge did a nice rendition of "Dindi". I wonder how many versions there're and who did the original one.

Comment

oh. i have not heard of Jobim before...will keep a look out for it...can also try Bebel Gilberto...her song is the one featured for the DBS cashline i think...or some DBS card...the song is "SO NICE"...really very nice

Comment

Jobim's a composer. Father of Bossa Nova. He did The Girl from Ipanema! Go google. I saw Gilberto's name aongside him under one of the webbies.

Comment

okie! will check that out...i also hve Omara Portuando and Reuben Gonzalez album...

Comment

oh man, jazz is my HG. I can't live without it.

Comment

heehee! addicition!

Comment

I am a big lover of Jazz as well!

Comment

i love lisa ekdahl. just bought her compilation album 'heaven, earth and beyond'.

fave genre is bossa nova.

fave hangout is...my home! especially when i'm home alone, so i can just switch on my system and soak in the music

Comment

I'm a huge fan of jazz and bossa nova too. I also love some urban groove and acid jazz.

I love Stacey Kent. One of my fav songs is "So Nice".

I also love Jimmy Sommers. He plays the saxaphone and I've never heard anything like that which makes me groove along with the music even when I'm sitting down If you're a fan of smooth jazz, you'll like this.
                        My fav. album is this 360 Urban Groove. My all time fav. track is Lowdown.

Comment

HI palepei

i like stacey kent too! will have to try your other recommendations!

Gals (or guys)

where do you usually go to buy CDs?? i go gramophone as i find that their prices are reasonable and they have a wide range of Jazz CDs...

Comment

Hi Fresia,

I usually go to Gramaphone to get my CDs too, because their prices are low, and they?ve got pretty good selection!

Yesterday, I was surfing around Jimmy Sommers website and you can listen to clips and see his performances. I?m soooo?awed?I wished I have the chance to watch him perform live. Ok and I didn?t know he was voted 50 top eligible bachelors too. You got to watch his performance, hopefully you have quicktime installed on your PC.

www.jimmysommers.com

Comment

1. Favourite Jazz Singer

I got tons, ok to name a few, Lisa Ekdahl, Bebel Gilberto, Astrud Gliberto, Harry Connick Jr, Ana Caram. Ok I think I am getting carried away.

2. Favourite Jazz Album

I got 2, Sing Salvatore Poe by Lisa Ekdahl, and What a Wonderful World by Tony Bennett and KD Lang.

Bossa Nova of course!

My bedroom. Just dim the lights, and put on a Bossa Nova CD. The best way to chill!

Comment

Working...
                              X