Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCS 8's 'BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE'

... is so scary!!!

The stuff and companies they're recommending are really not up to standard. The Jean Yip salon was soooo messy and unprofessional when dyeing her hair. Their staff didn't even bother wearing gloves during the process; when applying the dye, they were really sloppy and untidy; and at the end, the poor 'subject' had dye smeared on the edge of her face!

And the MAKEUP!!! A wash of bright baby blue eyeshadow, alone! I thought even Ah-Lians have stopped wearing stuff like that.

Lastly, the clothes... Seriously, what's wrong with dressing professionally and wearing darker clothes that aren't very tight? Instead of wearing loud, bright, garish, revealing clothes? Some of the clothes they recommended were so 'obiang' (dialect for unclassy? Uncool? old-fashioned?).

Sheesh. I worry for the impressionable girls following this show's advice. :roll:

I saw this on Tv Mobile! I was so disgusted.....these women are just fine, but somehow all these society's standards of beauty and perfection causes them to feel like they should be doing more. I mean, if it were Extreme Makeover, okay maybe I can understand....but these women look perfectly fine! And I think Joey Swee's (the host) hair makes her look.....garish. And so are her clothes .... overall, a show in bad taste and teaching the wrong values..

Comment

Yeah! the girl doesn't have a 'perfect' figure but that doesn't mean she cannot wear certain clothes. It should really be up to her.

I just really don't like how they kept 'forcing' her to wear sexier, more revealing clothes.

Comment

I have never seen this show. But geez it sounds awful! Those poor girls surely must have thought they are now in the hands of the so-called "experts" and everything is good. :roll: Can anyone tell me when the next show time is?

Comment

OMG! I thought I was the only one who felt the show sucked! Why should women all conform to society's standards of being stick-thin and have incredibly big boobs or whatever? You are who you are. It's so unhealthy. I think that as long as you're happy with your body and relatively fit and healthy, it doesn't matter if you're square or round. It only breed low self-esteem. I also think the advertisements for slimming products should be banned. I especially dislike the Extrim ad where To Dai Yu said it wasn't hard to keep fit even with a busy lifestyle - taking slimming pills is not equivalent to aerobic fitness. OK, off virtual soapbox.

I feel really sad sometimes - my BMI is only 20 but I feel like an absolute giant even though I know I should ignore all the negativity. I don't even want to be stick thin, maybe just a bit fitter.

Comment

can't believe so many pp caught it too! actually i thought the girl was ok looking what! in fact, i thought that her "AFTER" haircut was not very nice somehow, or maybe i just can't accept funky haircuts! she looked so "guai" but her final haircut was like, a bit too OTT for her??

Comment

hmm caught today's episode.... goodness... i really wonder what was going on with the lady's husband mind...

he's not much better looking and he actually criticise her weight? goodness gal... lose the man...

Comment

I have noticed that the girl isn't too happy at the end. Especially when desmond caught her husband not picking her up. and it's very bad of her husband to eat with her drinking only water. :roll:

Comment

OT, but TCS is now Mediacorp

Comment

the new Jean yip Show still *YUCKY* big time.

Comment

agree. i always switch channels or go for a bath whenever i see this program.

Comment

I can't stand watching any makeover shows sponsored by beauty salons and spa outlets like Jean Yip, Mary Chia & all the other celebrity-endorsed chains. To me, they do not offer genuine service. Just out to bleed us dry! If I have skin or weight issues I will rather go to a doc. All those gals who agreed to be featured in their Ah Lian shows ought to have their heads examined. Sorry if I sound harsh!

Comment

Ya,all bullshit.
                          On tv,they make themselves sound SO good.
                          But when you finally spend precious money at their outlets,you get less than satisfactory results.
                          Then when confronted,they give excuses such as:"Oh,you didn't take proper care or listen to our instructions,right"?
                          I tell you,they always claim it is never their fault.
                          Waste of money and effort la.

Comment

Working...
                          X