Mp3 Websites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 Websites

Anyone knows of any 'safe' websites where i can download English Mp3? Some sites has many popups (which is fine with me since i wanna d/l for free) but some sites will 'automatically' install spyware/adware onto your computer...and u'll get popups everytime even when you're not surfing that site.

Anyone knows of anysites where it is quite safe to d/l without all that self attached spywares and stuff? Otherwise, where do u pp get your mp3s from?

i used to use kazaalite but that got really sucky after a while; files took ages to download and i had trouble finding more obscure songs. i changed to Ares (just search for it on google) and it is SOOO much better!!! it's a file-sharing programme, but there're no spyware popups or whatever, and files take much faster to download. i really like this programme.

Comment

But as i know all these website is really dangerous. Hackers can easily hack into these PC so any transcation involving money and password are not recommended in the same PC.

Comment

MP3 downloading safe?

Recently I only start downloading songs from Ares. But some of my friends warn me about this. They claim that by doing this , my PC can be easily hack into. All transcation involving money or password for internet banking can be easily given to third party. Anyone out there know is this true? How can i rectify this problem. Can i just delete the program? I love doing online money transaction!

Comment

I'm also using Ares but didn't hear of any hackers issues. Is it really true?

But come 1st Jan 2005, we may have to be very cautious about using such programs, and also those illegal/unlicensed softwares. This is especially important for companies and organisations. The below info was emailed to my company :

Singapore has made significant changes to the Copyright Act. With the proposed Copyright (Amendment) Bill 2004,Any company found deterring the use of unauthorised software
          will be prosecuted. The two significant new provisions relating to criminal offences and statutory damages

Criminal Offences:
          With the new law, users caught and convicted for using unlicensed software will be fined up to $20,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 6 months for first time offenders. Repeat offenders may be fined up to $50,000 and/or imprisonment of up to 3 years.

Statutory Damages:
          In addition to the criminal penalties, under the new law, the offender may also be required to pay statutory damages of up to $10,000 for each software infringement.

So cotters, do be very careful. And those working may wanna inform their bosses about it. I'm sure there will be scapegoats come 2005. :roll:

Comment

Yeah, i think it's right. We might get penalty for downloading all these. As we know, majority of the songs are actually copyright, so it is illegal to copy just like that. That's why they say stealing is a crime. Oh no, if it is true, i will miss the days of easy downloading and FOC of coz.

Comment

can ARES still be used now?

Comment

Yes. My friends are still doing very well with it

Comment

Try www.limewire.com

Comment

Dear AngelBB,

LimeWire works the same way as Kazaa and Ares. Because of the spyware, it is quite dangerous. Becuase millions of people around the world are sharing the same file! Unless you don't do transaction involving money with your pc, i think shld be ok. If not, better play safe.

http://www.limewire.com/english/content/ftc.shtml#2f

Comment

Originally posted by Satinchris

But come 1st Jan 2005, we may have to be very cautious about using such programs, and also those illegal/unlicensed softwares. This is especially important for companies and organisations. The below info was emailed to my company :

so can kazzalite and ARES still be used? hahah...

Comment

I'm using Ares, so far so good.

Comment

is it still legal i mean? any risk? Haha

Comment

yup! not using it anymore! but its ok to leave the program in our pc right? haha....or should uninstall? will they hack into ur pc to track? WAHAH

Comment

Legal MP3 download sites - Must pay kind.

Hi all! Anyone knows of any online music store besides Soundbuzz. I was searching for an album but they don't seem to have what i want. It must be LEGAL of course = must pay. TIA!

Comment

Working...
                              X