Guzheng anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guzheng anyone?

I've always loved the Gu Zheng since I was young but missed out on learning it in high school when there was a Chinese Orchestra. If anyone knows of any reputable schools in the city please let me know. TIA.

Owned one and was involved in ECA group in my sec school days. IIRC, there is a school in chinatown point and another in Funan 2nd storey.

But as most of them are teachers from China, expect them to be very fierce!

Otherwise can go google for classes in community centres but as it is a big group, you won't get individual attention HTHS

Comment

Do you know how much it costs? Would love to get individual lessons if it's not too expensive.

Comment

ever learn from one from china too...a guy, got molested by him, he touched my thigh and waist..

now see the guzhen also phobia..no longer learning..

Comment

Sorry, too long ago since I asked. But you can maybe start off in Community centre and then ask the teacher if they take private students I know Tanglin CC is always advertising for their classes. Yishun CC also

My teacher is local but he also went to Shanghai to learn the Guzheng. IIRC, he has started a group in Hougang area. I am not so sure if they accept members other than his own students but you can try.

Smoochie-> That's really a bad experience but I was lucky for it was my ECA and since my school is a all girls school, teachers were pretty strict on the selection for external teachers IIRC, the band's teacher also is male

Comment

Thanks for all the info - I'll try the CCs. It's safer to learn in group settings first anyways, though I just hope there are adult beginners' classes.

Sorry about your experience Smoochie. I guess with individual lessons there's always risk, and it doesn't help with someone violating you when you're relatively vulnerable. I hope this doesn't put you off further lessons.

Comment

There are definately alot of adults learning the instrument now Ranging from teenagers to aunties. It really depends on how your neighbourhood is Good luck and update back ya!

Comment

i really phobia, that time go home also don't wanna practice then my mama scolded me wasting money. After that I always pretending forgetful or sick, just refused to attend the class unless someone went together with me. So sad I give up that time. Now no chance, no time to do many things due to my working schedules.

you girls enjoy!

Comment

i had a female chinese national gu zheng teacher in pri 6. having a personal teacher might be more effective as she devotes her time n attention to solely you. i dropped it as i don't have any interest in it. it's so fun sticking the plastic tabs to your fingers and plucking the strings -lol-

Comment

Yup but no fun when the teacher ask you to sharpen and spend hours using toothpaste to try to smoothen the edges......

Comment

theres this guzheng shop in highland centre in yio chu kang...
                      the shifu there taught my friends back during our secondary school days and even till now which is like 3yrs+ago.

she finds that he's really professional and easy to learn from.

Comment

i m also very interested in GuZheng but never got the chance to pick it up during school days. wondering if i do not have any music background, will it be diff for me to pick it up?

any idea hows the charges for the lesson like and where can i attend classes for this?

Comment

I need recommendations for a female private guzheng instructor. Any idea how much they charge? She doesn't have to be an expert, i only need to learn how to play a few songs for a performace. Need help asap!

Comment

Anyone wants to learn Guzheng can pm me. =)

Comment

how much does one Gu zheng roughly cost? I'm also very keen on picking up this instrument

Comment

Working...
                              X