Anne of Green Gables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anne of Green Gables

of Anne of Green Gables was telecast by Channel 5 circa 1990 or 1993? My memory is a bit fuzzy but I remember it was shown around noon on Sundays.

Cannot remember the exact name, but I remembered they showed from the first book in the entire series (Which is when Anne was "mistakenly" adopted from the orphanage), and ended at the part when Gilbert gave up his scholarship for Anne so that Anne can stay back and look after M. Don't think they showed anything from the Chronicles series nor did they show anything after Anne and Gilbert got married.

My memory of all the names are kind of fuzzy cos I read almost the entire series of Anne of Green Gables in 1991/92

Comment

Ooooooooooo.. i loveeeee Anne fr Green Gables!! To bits! Would love to watch it again to relive my childhood memory

But i have no idea what version u're talking abt aphrael. Cant help u there

ETA: Oppssy, it's Anne Of Green Gables
      Last edited by cherie; 28-12-2004, 02:10 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the name is Anne of Green Gables, but I can't figure out if it was a TV series or they just butchered the movie. I'm just watching the movies by Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie - didn't quite like the third movie as it's not true to the books. I loved the series back then ... I remember watching one of the early episodes where Anne broke a slate over Gilbert's head. Great memories.

Comment

Last edited by Medusa; 15-11-2008, 02:01 AM.

Comment

A little OT, but what was the Little House on the Prairie about? I've heard about it but never got around to finding out more.

Anyways, it's kind of sweet to have these nostalgic memories. I remember back then how wonderful I thought it was that Anne always believed in Kindred Spirits.

Comment

i LOVED the whole Anne of Green Gables book series, though it got a little weak by the end. i didn't quite like the tv series as much (they showed it on the hallmark channel a few years back), but it was not bad.

Comment

yes!!! she loves to have a kindred soul

my fav line frm the 1st book - the iron has entered my soul

Comment

I liked the movie...They showed it on hallmark before...

Comment

I went out and bought three books -- Anne of Green Gables, Polyanna and A Little Princess -- I still like Anne of Green Gables best!

I think Anne Shirley was everything I wanted to be as a little girl

Comment

I'm still drooling over Gilbert Blythe! How can a guy propose 3 times??? I'd marry him in a heartbeat!

Comment

i watched that series in secondary school and i think looking at the cast info and bio now that it's the movie aired as many parts on tv during the time. in fact, i watched it at the national library as i didn't manage to catch the entire series on tv so i'm guess you can still find the video/vcd/dvd at there

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrael
                          I'm still drooling over Gilbert Blythe! How can a guy propose 3 times??? I'd marry him in a heartbeat!
                          You're so cute!haha,that's so so true though.

Comment

Cool. To be honest I already have all three movies on DVD. The second movie is the best in my opinion. So sweet!

Comment

wow, aphrael, where did you get the dvds from? did you order them from amazon?

just re-read anne of green gables and cried like a baby. how embarrassing!

Comment

Working...
                              X