Channel U - Project Superstar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Channel U - Project Superstar

hey girls .. anyone staying home on weds and thurs to catch this? I missed the first telecast yesterday evening but I can't wait for all the hype again. This beats those old crappy HK / Taiwanese or Korean drama serials.

Check out the quarter-finalists .. i've already rooting for a few cuteys (yupz I'm superficial!!!!) cause after Singapore Idol, I reckon there's no such thing as real talented idol

But i must say the girls this time are not faring any better than the batch of girls for singapore idol .. what do you all reckon? the final champion will be a guy or girl?

I'm rooting for Tan Wei Lian
    He's visually handicapped yet he can sing better than ALOT of other normal contestants.
    I'm the supporter of the underdogs!

Comment

is he e one that sang e 'match stick' song yest on tv?
      my vote goes to him, cos he really really really sings very well!
      he sings at mrt stations for a living, & i always stay to listen & donate whenever i see him crooning away

Comment

i heard from my colleagues that there were quite a few visually handicapped contestants. but i think the judges are not so "compassionate" as in they are really realistic about what makes a super idol so it's going to take more than just good vocals.

did you girls see / hear the female contestant who was micmicking stefanie sun's unique vocals in the trailers? i honestly would feel quite turn off because this is not meant to be a super-imitation idol. can't these people be unique?

i'm rooting for hagen tan

Comment

kestrel, I noticed that too. The audition really cracks me up with some of the weird people around trying to make it big.

Comment

i watched it last night and earlier on. was pretty hilarious! of course there were some touching scenes too. i'm rooting for tan wei lian too. he can sing really well man.

Comment

yeah!!! his rendition of I Believe was so ... different. how should i put it? i felt that his voice and singing has a soul of its own. my bf and me were watching the tv and realise he was the guy we heard singing "Huang Hun" outside tampines mrt one time and he has a huge crowd stopping to hear him. i'm rooting for him too!!!

Comment

yeah...
                Tan Wei Lian sing very nice.....
                hope he will win...

Comment

happened to watch the Channel U superstar show last night and it was so hilarous. It's odd that everyone wants to appeal to try one more time in front of the audience! I would be too embarassed to try again!
                  Not to mention some girls overdress though and the eye makeup seemed to come from the same one colour - pastel baby blue! Where's the variation!

Comment

the guy with the huge flower and square silver glitters was the most entertaining one

Comment

me too.. i like Tan Wei Lian.. he can sing really well.. ya the flower guy was so funny.. plus the judge comment (this is not your concert).. so funny..

Comment

Originally posted by dionne_wu
                        I'm rooting for Tan Wei Lian
                        He's visually handicapped yet he can sing better than ALOT of other normal contestants.
                        I'm the supporter of the underdogs!
                        I managed to catch their 1st time singing via the repeated show and he really can sing! His rythm, vocal etc are all

Comment

i like him too..his singing touches my heart..full of emotion..

Comment

yup, they spent so much $$ to put on their best and yet turn out to be hilarious!! By the way, shouldn't they be more prepared, so many of them forgot their lyrics. :Doh:

Comment

i can't wait for tonight's episode! hehhh .. gosh these months so many good shows to catch!

was watching this in my gf's house during dinner... and so touched when tan wei lian sang. anyone knows the title of that song? i really hope he'll make it to the end..
                              Last edited by kestrel; 16-06-2005, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X