Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cirque du Soleil - Quidam

Hey cotters,

Anybody went to watch Cirque du Soleil - the circus? From the advertisement on tele looks really exciting...but the tickets are really expensive.. Any comments from those of you who have been to the circus?

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/Cirque...sg/default.htm
    Last edited by kittysandy; 20-09-2005, 03:08 PM.

Do you mean Quidam? It's not bad, some acts are really good, some are been-there-seen-that...but this year the tickets are really quite expensive. The tent is actually quite small, so I would say the$250 tickets are not quite worth it.

Comment

You're right. Do you think they come to singapore every year?If not, it will seem like such a waste not to go and experience it, even though it's quite ex... But they do have seats at 60++ izit? But i guess those seats are not good ones - too far to see anything...

Comment

Did not watch Quidam but saw the previous- and forgot the name. Opps!

And yeah.. the tent is really quite small. So no need to get the most expensive tixs in order to get an excellent view. In fact i do feel that every seat can catch a great view of the actions on the stage.

HTHs.

Comment

they come to singapore only like once in two or three years...
          you should go watch!

Comment

I went. Very good. I am impressed! You should go because they do not perform the same show each time they are here, and Qidam is one of the best show they had. Must check up the chinese girl playing yo-yo, very cute~

Tips:
            Avoid first 1-2 row. Best is choose facing the center of the stage, 5-6 row.

There will be a break of 20-30 mins for you to go toilet.

Bring a shawl just to keep yourself warm. A bit cold but not super cold.

Comment

I caught it on 18 Sept and I really was awed by it. It really was a world class act. Check out the first 2 acts, really impressed me! If you ask me, Quidam is a MUST-WATCH!

Comment

I am catching mine on the 24th! Finally 3 more days to the show since I bought the tickets 3 months ago :wow: Super looking forward to it! Love their performance after catching Alegria. Totally different from the normal acrobat acts plus it was a live music performance too!

Comment

I'm thinking of getting the A Reserve tickets (but kinda tempted to pay more for the VIP ones... pity the price ). I assume the seating is free-seating, and on a first-come-first-served basis? What is the duration of each performance? Thanks!

Comment

No free seating. You get what you have booked.

For VIP (front row), chances that you get to go up the stage is quite high. Be prepared.

Comment

it's my virgin cirque du soleil experience and i was totally blown away.
                      the first wheel act was stunning, so were the chinese girl troupe!

Comment

i love the last acrobatic act in Quidam which left me gripping my seat as they did so many seemingly impossible flips!! heee

i think M1 had an agreement with Cirque that they'll bring in 3 shows and Quidam is the last one...wonder if they'll bring in any more...

1st one was Saltimbanco and 2nd one was Alegria! HTHs

Comment

I caught Alegria and they were really good. I like it But from the trailers, Quidam looks similar.... Are there really much differences? My bf commented that they are all the same (but i doubt he knows much )

Comment

vip seating gives you a good view for the acts,especially those like the balancing acts and stuff,cause they will make sure the act is performed exactly when stage rotates to where the vip seatings are. VIPs get a free program book,free cirque solarium cd,free buffet during intermission and before show,as well as free flow of wine,beer and drinks at the lounge pretty cool!

Comment

I felt that Quidam wasnt as good as both Saltimbanco and Alegria. Alegria blew me away. I went on gala night but was sorely disappointed. Quidam just didnt have the same oomph effect- there were too many dance items and the stage was just too small. Intimate setting maybe, but it doesnt bring out the big tent effect. Plus the story line wasnt all that strong as per Alegria. I didn't like the Chinese items (where 2 acts in the entire show was fronted by Chinese acrobats.) I was like hullo, I see this on tv and in Chinese zha ji shows all the time.

It's worth it if you have never watched Cirque before because every Cirque is an experience but if you have seen Alegria/Saltimbanco, this one is really not up to those standards. It was SO's first time watching and he didn't think much of it. Thank goodness I got complimentary tix and didn't have to pay for it man.

Comment

Working...
                              X